Chapter 33

Lucille's POV

"Luce" Ethan's voice brought me out of my thoughts.

"Huh?" I turned to him.

"Are you okay?" he asked as he held my hand with one hand and the other on the wheel.

"I don't know..." I said as I looked down to my lap. "It must have been weird to have my mom talk to you like that, huh?" I cautiously smiled back up at him.

"A little" he slightly chuckled. "Buts its okay, I just didn't want her to blame you"

"But it was my fault..."

He shook his head and brought my hand to his lips.

"No, its not. If its anyone, its that a**hole's"

I sighed. I just turned my focus back to outside the window.

This was the first huge argument my mom and I ever had. I didn't know what to do. I have never spoke such harsh words with her before. I felt so sorry now as I thought back to it, but it was too late. I ran away, I couldn't just go back so easily...

"Hey..." Ethan called.

I turned to him.

"Its okay, okay? We'll be okay. I promise" he squeezed my hands.

I nodded in reassurance.

"Thanks for not leaving" I softly smiled.

"I was gonna wait until midnight and force you out" he chuckled. "I'm glad I didn't need to wait that long"

I happily smiled back at him this time. I adjusted myself in the car seat. "So where to now, my handsome driver?"

"Wherever you want, my beautiful passenger!"

I giggled.

"But if you really want to know then... my house" he said.

I scrunched my face in surprise.

"Your house?"

Ethan really wasn't joking because a few minutes after he said it, we were right in front of his doorstep.

"Ethan, are you sure?" I asked, warily.

"Yea, of course. Why wouldn't I be?"

"I can't just stay at your place tonight... I don't think your parents will like it"

"My mom loves you and my dad... he'll just have to deal with it. Besides, if you're not staying here, where else are you going to go?"

I sighed. He was right. I had nowhere else to go. April left to stay at her Uncle's for awhile and I couldn't bother her. Without her, I definitely had no where else to go.

"C'mon!" Ethan said, reaching his hand for me to grab. I took it and hoped for the best.

He opened the door and we stepped inside. I set my stuff by the coffee table and he led me to the kitchen.

"So what is my dear princess craving, hm?" he smiled.

"Whatever my dear prince is craving" I giggled.

"Well, if you want to know..." he moved closer to me, grabbed my waist and whispered in my ear. "...you"

I pulled back, blushing. I combed my fingers through his luscious hair.

"Even with everything that's happening, you can still joke"

"Gotta keep my princess laughing, don't I?" he said, as he leaned into my neck. I pulled back laughing and he pulled back also. I stared at him.