Chapter 27

Lucille's POV

I woke up with a major headache. My head was throbbing and my eyes felt puffy. April was snoring next to me on the bed with saliva drooling out her mouth. I pulled the blanket off me. I walked to the bathroom. I stared at my reflection in the mirrors. I was a mess. My hair was tangled and static, my makeup was smeared, and my eyes were red... from all the crying, of course.

I turned on the  bathroom sink faucet and splashed cold water on my face. I was fully awake now. My thoughts went back to last night. I closed my eyes. Flashbacks filled my mind... Ethan pulling me into the bathroom, me slapping Ethan, Heather slapping me, April punching Heather, and me crying on the couch... Perfect night, I thought sarcastically. I opened my eyes and took a deep breathe. 

I walked out the bathroom to meet a very tired April sitting on the bed.

"Morning..." I said.

"Hm," she nodded. "I didn't even drink last night... why do I feel like sh.i.t?" she said groggily. 

"Maybe because you punched Heather last night?" I walked to sit next to her. 

"Heather who?" she said with a scrunched up face. "Oh... no wonder my hand hurts." Her face changed to one where a light bulb went off her head.

I shook my head with a little laugh.

"C'mon, get up. I'll make you breakfast then I have to go to work."

"Boooo..." she whined, pulling the blanket off her. 

I laughed a little as I walked towards the door.

"Hey, Luce"

I turned around

"Hm?"

"You'll be okay," she said assuringly.

"I know." I gave a small smile back before I walked out the room.

I made April and I scrambled eggs, toasted waffles and sausage links. 

"Wow. A morning where someone makes breakfast for me. Can I just live here?"

I heard April say behind me. I laughed.

"Of course!" I gleamed. 

April sat down as I brought our breakfast over to the table. 

"This is sooooooo good!" she said with a mouthful of food.

"Thanks, I try," I joked. 

"Haha. I know the waffles were from Eggo's."

"Oh no. My secret is out! What should I do? I guess I'll just have to make sure your mouth is shut," I said, pretending to be an evil murderer. 

"I beg of you, I won't tell anyone. Please, don't kill me!" April jokingly plead, putting her hands up. 

We stared at each other before we bursted out laughing. 

"We really should be casted for a movie!" April said. 

"With that acting, I doubt anyone would want us!"

"You never know. We can play dead bodies!"

I continued laughing. April always knew how to make me laugh and keep my mind off things for the moment. 

"Tell me.. what are you going to do while I'm at work?" I said, taking a bite of my eggs.

"I don't know. Find me a hot Californian boy to ship back to Minnesota."

I shook my head, amused. "No, seriously. What are you going to do?" 

"Seriously!" she said with a straight face.