Chapter 8

Lucille's POV
The weekend went by quickly, unusually. Ethan didn't text me at all this weekend. Of course, that wasn't a part of the deal, so why did I want him to text me? But then again, what deal was there? Why was I thinking so much to myself? I don't know... I didn't like what I've been doing... Thinking so much about him.. Because he was a jerk for pulling me into this.. But why did I feel so confused about what I was feeling?

Just forget about everything, I told myself. It's a new week. Ignore his beautiful, handsome face. Oh no. There I go again thinking about his face. 
It was Monday morning. I walked to my locker. I took a quick glance to see if Ethan was by his locker with Heather.. Heather was there, but not him. It made me curious. The first bell rang, and I went to first period.

He wasn't in first period... until 30 minutes in, he walked in confidently. Like he always did even when he was this late. He gave a note to the teacher and took his seat. From the corner of my eye, I could see Heather flirting with him, like usual... He looked my way for a split second, but  I looked away. How long did I stare for? I felt my cheeks heat up... Oh no, that's embarrassing. Did he catch me staring? I tried not to look at him for the rest of the period. The bell finally rang. He walked out with his friends as I took my time to leave the classroom.

During lunch
I went to hang out in the library. I didn't feel like eating today. I took my phone out to listen to some music, but then I saw I received a text. It was from Ethan.
'Did I look that good? Even when I didn't try... Ã°ß '
Oh my god. He did notice. Oh no, just act like you don't know what he's talking about.
'What are you talking about?' 
He responded back quickly.
'Oh that wasn't you staring at me in first period?'
'No, it wasn't ' I had to make myself not sound guilty, even though I was.
....
I was waiting for his text. I was stupidly staring at the screen. I never do this. Why was I so anxious for his next text? Or happy?
....
He didn't reply back. A feeling of disappointment went through my body. Why did I feel disappointed?

I sighed. I'm acting like those other girls he flirted with.

Lunch was over and 4th period came.

I walked into class and no one was there. Suddenly, everyone walked in one by one including Ethan, but he didn't look my way at all. Oh no, was I staring again? I looked away. Why did I keep waiting for his eyes to look my way? I shake out of it and class started.

When the bell for the end of the day rang, I quickly packed up my items and walked out because my work shift was to start at 4 today. In a rush, I accidentally bumped into Ethan.

'Sorry,' I said looking up at him.
With that gorgeous smirk of his, he looked at me and then said, "Don't worry about it.'
I rushed out, blushing red, of course. I could feel Heather's eyes drilling into the back of my head.

It was a usual day at work. I looked at the clock and it was 8:55. It was almost time for me to get off. I finished up the last table and clocked out.

"Hey Luce, can you throw the trash away on your way out?"

"Sure" I took the trash out of its bin and went through the back door.

"Have any energy left?" A voice scared me. 

"Oh my God." I turned around and saw Ethan, chuckling his big head off. I gave him an annoyed look. I continued to throw the trash out. My hands felt lighter until I looked up and saw Ethan take the weight off of me and throw it away with one hand into the dumpster. I looked up at him, and he smirked. As soon as I realized I was staring at him, I looked away, pushed him off of me, and walked away. Why did I keep doing that?

"You've been doing that a lot today" he said, following me. "But then again, I'm used to it."
I stopped and turned back to look at him. Even under the night, his smile was glowing. I couldn't let his smile make me weak.