Chapter 36

Lucille's POV

We were sitting on the playground at one of the nearby parks. We both couldn't go home yet. Our parents would probably not let us out again because they knew we would go see each other. 

"So you didn't tell me what Heather did," Ethan asked. I avoided eye contact. I was drawing circles on his hand. 

"Lucille..." Ethan lift my face to look up at him.

"It was just a cat fight with a bit of slapping, nothing really," I quickly looked back down to his hand. 

"Are you hurt anywhere?" Ethan begin checking my arms and face. 

I laugh. 

"It's a little too late for that, but I'm okay..." 

I turned his hands over to his knuckles to notice there were cuts on one side. 

"But you're not..." I say, disappointed. "You promised you wouldn't punch walls anymore." 

Ethan looks down at his hands and pulls them to his back.

"Ethan," I plead. 

"It just happened."

I grab his face and kiss him. He brings his hand to my waist and pulls me in to straddle him. I bring my kisses down his jawline to his neck and back up to his earlobe. He squeezes my waist. 

"Don't let it happen again." I whisper close to his ear. 

He chuckles and I smile. 

"Yes, my love" he says. He flips me so that my back is on the floor now. He straddles me and sends kisses down my body. Starting from the lips to my belly button. I grab tight onto his hair and close my eyes enjoying his daily doses of kisses down my body. He lifts my shirt and I could feel the breeze brush against my skin. This felt good. A nice breeze and Ethan's kisses. That ended too quickly as my cellphone rung. 

I grabbed it to check the caller ID. It was my mom. I tell Ethan to stop as I quickly sat up. 

"Hey Mom!"

"Where are you honey? Its late." 

"I'm just finishing closing the cafe. I'll be home in a bit."

"Okay, hurry home please!"

"I will mom, see you in a bit!" I hang up. I looked at Ethan breathless. We both laugh. He gets up and reaches his hand out for me to hold. I grab it and get up. 

"Is it already time to go?" he says, disappointed. 

I nod. I wrap my arms around his neck and kiss him. "At least its not goodbye, its just a see you later..."

Ethan reaches down to kiss me. "You're right..." he said with a sad smile. 

"C'mon, captain!" I joke. We head back to the car and he sends me home. 

"Who sent you home? I heard a car.." my mom asked me when I got inside the house. 

I hesitated, but said, "A co-worker. She was going in the same direction." 

My mom looked at me suspiciously. 

"Luce!" 

Did she find out I'm lying?

"Yeah?"

"Go shower! You smell" she laughed. 

I awkwardly laughed along with a sigh of relief that she believed me and jogged upstairs to take a shower.