Uprise

Echo's P.O.V

Alex pinned my hands above me as water fell down his chest. His body was pressed against me, and mine was pressed against the wall. I felt myself shiver as he put his lips on my neck, sucking and biting it.

He smirking against my skin before grabbing my waist with one arm, the other still holding me in place. His lips met mine and we fought for dominance, but he quickly won.

I whimpering as he applied more pressure, letting out small moans.

I felt completely safe.

Warm tears wet my face and a smile formed onto my mouth. Alex pulled back to look me in the eyes.

"What's wrong? Am I going to fast?" I couldn't help the laugh that escaped me. "We did it. We made it." He smiled as well, but it was almost mourning. "We haven't made it yet, but we're stronger now. We're going to get through this." He went back to my neck, marking me.

I still hadn't stopped smiling.

"Do you think everyone here is a Void? And where'd they get those weapons? I didn't even know you had a sister." He pulled away again with a light chuckle. "How about we ask during dinner? We can also talk about that hair dye you wanted." I giggled as he turned off the water and wrapped me in a towel.

I took another towel and started drying his chest. Adoration glowed in his eyes and I felt pride grow in my chest. I stopped when he was dry, before he left to get clothing.

When he returned, he had both our bags. I dressed before we made our way down for dinner.

The hotel still gave off an unsettling vibe, but I'd learn to get used to it. Callix was talking to a tall man when we walked in, but she turned when she saw us. I shuffled behind Alex and he reached back to grab my hand.

"Dinner is almost ready, you guys can go have a seat." Callix pointed toward the dining hall, which seemed cleaner that most of the other rooms.

I noticed that almost everyone here had a weapon on them. None were as advanced as government issued weapons, which could be imbedded into the body in some cases, but they were making due, as much as it scared me.

Alex tugged me into the dining hall and we sat down beside each other. I guessed Callix ran this whole operation, and she stood at the front of the room when everyone was seating.

She looked at us with a smile. "As many of you might have noticed, we have some guests who are joining us tonight. Echo, and my brother Alex, are both Voids like us. And we've sworn to protect anyone we can, so we're here to help them. I'm sure they will be more than willing to participate in our 'rebellion,'" She paused, as if disgusted by the word. "Our forces are growing faster everyday, and this battle is not yet over. Have a good meal, we meet tomorrow at 8:00. Night shifts start in 45 minutes." And with that, she walked over to our table and joined us, as we ate and talked about what her whole organization was.

I had a feeling I would grow quite fond of this place.

Vote and Comment if you enjoyed this chapter :)
~Danielle