Chapter 23

Ivy's POV

I headed with Erza, Coco, Elfman, Gray, Natsu, and Gajeel to go save Lucy. Warren gave us a telepathic message, telling us that we could save Lucy by beating the Neo Oracion Seis. When we ran into Cobra, Erza stayed back to fight him, and when we ran into Angel, Gray went after her. And then Gajeel went against Midnight... Brain the Second... whatever.

When we finally made it to Lucy, Michelle was waiting for us, telling us that Lucy was hers. I was assigned to help Coco free Lucy while Natsu and Elfman fought Michelle.

Lucy fell into a comatose state, speaking it a weird voice whenever one of our friends took down one of the Oracion Seis. I frowned, trying to use Copy Cat magic to copy Gajeel's magic, changing my arm into a chisel and trying to chip away at the clock Lucy was trapped in, switching to Copy Cat Water magic to see if I could wedge it between Lucy and her prison to see if I could expanded it on the inside to break her out.

And of course Midnight comes, meaning Gajeel was either dead, or incapacitated. Romeo appeared and got beat, and when Samuel came to kill Lucy, Coco got in the way so that I could continue to try and get her out. Yes, beating the Oracion Seis will remove their ownership from the clock, but that doesn't mean that it'll let Lucy go.

Pantherlily and Happy came and Happy tried to bring Lucy out of her state while Pantherlily dealt with Samuel.

"This is fucking annoying." I growled while trying to wedge water into the clock. Warren used his telepathy magic to help the Archbishop tell us how to slow down Lucy's mergence with the clock, which was destroying the chains connecting the castle to the earth below. Then Lucy announced another seal broken.

Midnight revealed that Lucy would disappear, and Michelle knocked me away to try and save Lucy. When Midnight was done with her, she changed back into a doll. Romeo gave Natsu fire to eat, and Natsu started to fight with Midnight as I snapped back to trying to get Lucy out.

But I couldn't do it. Lucy was absorbed. I started yelling for her. Natsu finally beat Midnight, but Lucy was merged.

Warren told us that the only way to save Lucy was by having her use the Real Nightmare to reverse the clock to a century before, and it would send the pieces of the clock flying, including Lucy.

She decided to give it a try, and it worked. And alas, she LITERALLY went flying, and Natsu and I caught her.

"What is with you and getting into the middle of the deepest shit?" I asked, shaking my head with a smile.

"Trust me, I wish I knew." Lucy laughed. I laughed as well and we returned to the guild hall. And of course we threw a party.

The next day, I was at the club when one of the new workers came in. She hadn't been in for a while due to an assignment. I smiled warmly as I was finished working the pole and went up to her.

"Hey, guild work keep you busy?"

"Don't talk to me. A great wizard like me has no time to talk to a wizard like you." She said. I popped a hip and crossed my arms.

"Well fuck you too. I was just trying to make nice conversation. And what amazing guild did your snotty ass come from?"

"Well, since you've been gone for so long, I wouldn't be surprised that you didn't know. I'm from the top guild in Fiore, Sabertooth."

"Okay, cool. So you're tough shit. But in case you forgot, here at Guild Cahoots, everyone's equal, no matter the guild they're from. It was the same seven years ago. So jump off your high horse for a second, because I have the feeling that you're supposed to be jumping on a pole soon." The girl clicked her tongue.

"Yeah, whatever." She said, and alas got onto a table. After work I returned to the guild hall. Makarov tried to announce Gildarts as the new master, but of course that didn't work. Gildarts left a note, saying that Laxus was reinstated as a Fairy Tail wizard, and reinstated Grandpa as the sixth master. I was fucking ecstatic!

"Laxus!" I cried, pushing Evergreen off him and hugged him. "It's a good fucking day!" And then, Romeo told us a way that we could go back to the number one spot. Grand Magic Games. And I was all for it. And so was Grandpa. So in three months, we would be in the magic games!