Chapter 30 (Last Chapter

Ivy's POV

I was kind of excited to pack up to head back home to Magnolia. I didn't get to return with Natsu and the others, but that was alright. I'd see him in the guild hall.

Who I didn't expect to see in the guild hall, and which seemed to surprise everyone else as well, was Gildarts. He gave a smile as everyone came in.

"There you all are. I was wondering when you'd be returning." He said. "Where's Natsu and the others?" He asked. I smiled as I went over to hug him.

"They'll be returning a little later." I said, then went into explaining what happened at the Grand Magic Games. Gildarts went to hug and baby Cana for her participation and helping her team win one of the rounds, then welcomed Laxus back to the Guild. The two of them went off to the side and started to whisper back and forth about something, but I wasn't quite sure what. I guessed that it was probably about Laxus trying to take over the guild, but I wasn't all that sure.

I headed to the club for work and smiled as I saw all my friends from the other guilds again.

"Congratulations on the win, Ivy." One of the girls said as she hopped off the pole I was about to climb onto. I smiled.

"Thanks." I replied, before getting to work. After work, I headed home and was more than happy that Sukoshi had been waiting for me.

"Laxus is in the living room waiting for you." Sukoshi said, before heading that way. I smiled and followed shortly afterwards.

"Hey, Big Bro." I said, sitting in my arm chair. "What's up?"

"Gildarts and I have been talking." Laxus said, leaning back in is chair. "We've noticed that you haven't tried to confess to Natsu since we got back from Tenrou, and the old man wanted me to ask if you've lost interest in that fire head yet or not." I smiled a little.

"True, I haven't confessed yet. But I've also been busy trying to get my payments steadied out and help everyone else with their debts to the guild. And Natsu's been about as busy. But since the games are over... I'm thinking of trying again soon." I admitted. Laxus sighed.

"I still think you should just give up on that loser." I frowned as I crossed my legs.

"Laxus, we've been having this conversation for years, and you'd think by now, you'd realize that my feelings for Natsu are strong, and I'm not going to give up unless he flat out tells me too or he gets with someone else. And I at least want him to know how I feel."

"I don't think it's a healthy attachment if you go suicidal every time you piss him off." Laxus stated flatly, irritation written all over his face and voice. I crossed my arms defensively. "Don't get all defensive on me Iv-"

"I tried the night you got kicked out of the guild." I interrupted. "As soon as I got home after the Fantasia parade. I never told Gildarts. The only person that knows is Gajeel, because he had come over to check on me. He tried to stay close to me the following weeks while I was avoiding the guild hall." That seemed to sucker punch Laxus in the gut. His face changed to one of pain.

"Ivy-" Laxus tried.

"And Gray pushed me once too. It's not just pissing Natsu off that makes me go suicidal, Laxus. Others have too." Laxus frowned and stood from the sofa he was sitting on, coming over and kneeling in front of me, pulling me into a hug.

"Ivy." His voice sounded quite, weak, vulnerable. And it worried me. "I have never wanted to hurt you." I hugged Laxus back.

"I know. I know." I replied. That night, Laxus stayed over. We talked for what felt like hours, and it was nice to be able to talk to my brother like this. It felt like when we were little, before all the drama and when I got lost and raised by Coprina.