Chapter 26

Ivy's POV

I waited for the others who went to see Lucy to tell the rest of us how she was. I didn't go because if I did, there was no question I'd go berserk on some mother fucker. Grampa went to go tell the teams that they were going to have to combined into one team, because it would be easier for the tournament to pair people up for the fights.

The first fight was Blue Pegasus vs. Quatro Puppy. Second was Mermaid Heel against Lamia Scale. Final was Fairy Tail vs. Sabertooth. Our new team was made up of Natsu, Gajeel, Grey, Erza, and Laxus. The murderous gazes towards Sabertooth was almost toxic, even from where I stood. And I was definitely ready to watch Sabertooth get handed they're fucking ass!

The first match was almost horrifying. Inside the blue rabbit suit, was Niichiya, Ichiya's exceed counterpart. And Ichiya won. And that's all I am willing to disclose from that fight because I just... Ichiya. No.

The next match was a tie, because Lyon and Kagura took too long to knock each other out, But Yuka and Milliana were down pretty quick.

And as Sting, Rougue, Natsu, and Gajeel got into the arena, the crowd went wild as we got ready to watch the Dragon Slayer showdown. I was screaming down words of encouragement, and maybe a few other things towards Sting and Rouge.

Natsu was first to move and went for Sting. It was actually kinda boring to watch in the beginning, until Sting and Rouge activated their lacrimas. Damn third generations. But it was pretty cool. And it was pretty interesting to watch Natsu and Gajeel actually having to try now. But after a while, I was getting a little worried, especially when Sting put a magic circle on Natsu. But of course Natsu is a fucking amazing and is able to hit, as well as Gajeel doing pretty well with his fight against Rouge. The tables were once again flipped, with Natsu beating Sting's ass, and Gajeel kicked Rouge's.

But of course, they couldn't just go down. No, they had to activate their Dragon Force... at will... which by the way is bullshit because I CAN'T DO THAT! Neither can any of the other Dragon slayers in our guild, but that isn't the point. The point is, Sting was able to take on Natsu AND Gajeel at the same time, and it was fucking intense. Intense enough it BLEW A FUCKING HOLE IN THE GROUND. And so that is where the fight continued. And it seemed this had been planned, because the tournament directors had lacrima ready to show us what was happening underneath us.

And Sting kicked ASS. But they could never kick Natsu down for long, because after Sting and Rouge deactivated their Dragonforce (and I fucking screamed) Gajeel and Natsu both got up. And of course they act like it was nothing but sleeping wrong. And then the two started fighting EACH OTHER. I sighed as Natsu sent Gajeel through the mines that happened to be down were they were fighting. Because of course he wants to fight against Rouge and Sting on his own.

And of course Sting and Rouge turn their Dragonforce back on, and Natsu blocks Sting's punch. And Natsu pretty much knocked his block off as he blew through Rouge's roar with his own. And as I watched on, I had to admit, it was pretty good fight. And Sting and Rouge could combined their magic together, which was almost impossible to master. Natsu still won... but that's what makes everything even better.

We went to visit Lucy, and Levy came and questioned where Gajeel went, and of course Natsu doesn't remember he had sent him off.

But we had a great party afterwards, with a few days off as well. And right off the bat, Natsu and Gray got into it, but Erza quickly ended it, considering Grandpa only egged them on... well... sort of... she just went after them. And then Gajeel came in, so it was all good.

Until he brought Wendy, Natsu and I down with our exceeds, Lucy and Gray. He brought us into the caves he was lost in and we found tons of dragon bones. It was so weird, and it creeped me out. Wendy remembered a spell she had learned, and decided to use it to talk to the pass dragons and find out what happened to our dragons.

The Milky Way spell was very pretty to watch be cast, and Wendy found a dragon soul to communicate with, and when the soul manifested, it was kinda creepy. But the Jade Dragon wasn't that bad. He told us that dragons ruled the world, and that a civil war between dragons broke out, one against eating humans, and one for not changing the way things were. The ones that wanted to coexist with humans gave humans dragon slayer magic. Humans joined their war, and the dragon slayers eventually turned on the dragons that gave them powers. And one man specifically killed dragons ruthlessly, and turned into a dragon himself. And his name was Acnologia.... which made tons of sense actually. The Jade Dragon also told us that the ones that used Dragon Slayer magic would eventually become dragons ourselves.

But before he could continue talking, he dematerialized, his god energy gone. And then a royal knight came down. He told us to beat Archeologia we had to beat Zerif. And Yukino was with the knight as well. It was at this point that Carla seemed to start freaking out.