Chapter 18

Ivy's POV

When I woke up, I was surrounded by everyone and even a few guild members that we had left back at the guild hall, but they looked older. Mavis, the First Guildmaster, seemed to have manifested and activated Fairy's Fear, the last of the Great Fairy Spells and it saved us from dying. And this apparently held us in a suspended state for seven years.

We returned to the Guild hall, which happened to be a smaller one that was relocated because Fairy Tail had dropped over the past few years, and beat up some other Guild's members who were threatening what was left of our own guild.

We explained what had happened and to say everyone was happy to see us would be a grave understatement. We had a huge party, and I even managed to sneak away with Freed and Bickslow to get that stress relief I needed. Even pulled aside a couple of the other members that were willing to help out.

It also turns out that two of our members got married and I gave them a huge congrats. I was envious of them. But happy all the same. They deserved it, and it was about fucking time two. They were dating for what felt like forever even before the trial. They even had a daughter named Asuka. Gildarts and Cana also revealed to the guild that she was his daughter.

Then Lamia Scale came to see us and I couldn't help but smile when I saw Lyon. Maybe I could have another go at him. That was until he went after Juvia. I may be a slut, but possible relationships within the guild I steered clear of.

I was also happy I owned my house so that I wasn't having housing issues like the others... completely. I had seven years of bills to pay. And when I showed back up at the club everyone was so happy to see me and I even saw some new faces. I was also lucky enough to be requested frequently, so while jobs were in the shitter, I still made decent money for now. And when I wasn't paying my bills I was helping the others.

I decided to go with Lucy to see her dad. I had never met the guy and thought it was about time I did. Natsu and Happy did because they were robbed while they were away and didn't have any money for food. But when we made it the the Love & Lucky guild hall, we found out he had past away the month before. As we were walking back home, we heard two girls dissing their dad's and thinking it'd be great if they dropped dead. Natsu and Happy tried to stand up to them for Lucy, but were quickly shut down. I hugged Lucy, but went after the two girls and taught them a thing or two about caring about their fathers and watching their mouths in public.

A thought hit me then once I returned to Lucy and the others. Was Papa still alive? I hadn't seen him in years. I didn't really ever think about it before, but if I found out he was dead, would I care? What would I do? And to be honest, the fact I wasn't sure kinda scared me. I was never close to him, and after he was banned, he pretty much discommunicated himself. And if he didn't want anything to do with me, I shouldn't want anything to do with him. And since he allowed me to get lost for seven months trying to follow him on a mission, should I really care? I decided I'd cross that bridge whenever I got to it, if I ever did.

Once we returned home, I went with Natsu to see that apparently, Grandpa, Erza, and Mirajane were dealing with the 'debt' we owed the Twilight Ogre guild. And by the way the hall moved and the sounds from inside, they weren't negotiating with words anymore.

Natsu, Lucy, and Happy went on a job and I continued building up Fairy Tail's rep... at least at Guild Cahoots, by reminding the old patrons why I was the best and showing the new why I am the best still. I had seven years to work off and not many members at the guild to pick from. And considering they'd all be free bes, I needed to work hard for money. And did I. I was able to take huge chunks out of my debt and the others debt every week. And I went home so very tired.