Chapter 13: Tacos or Being Royalty... Decisions, Decisions

Logan's view

"This is ridiculous! I am not a Queen and I definately don't have any powers. Plus the book said the Queen shows true beauty and I don't have that." Madison argued. She didn't think she was beautiful? How could she not? I stayed quiet.

What else am I supposed to say? Madison got the freak out moment down. I can't just say "Oh, yeah. I think we are the rulers of an entire supernatural race and about to be the leaders of a great battle." No, I don't think so.

Madison starts to pace back and forth, "Nope it isn't us or at least the very bit me." That's when I finally entered the conversation. "But If I am the King and your my mate then you have to be the Queen. You are the Queen." I stated. She stopped to focus on me and only me and when I was about to take a step toward her Jen had to talk. She HAD to talk. "Just go to a happy place Madison." The rest of us had a confusing look on our faces just like Madison. "Just do it it might help. Imagine us there too."

Madison looked down as if thinking about something and the had her Ah-ha! moment. "You are trying to see if I have one of the powers aren't you? Fine!" We all took a step back. "I am not gonna combust you know." She pointed out. My wolf whimpered slightly, wow just the mention of her gone and he starts to cry.

In a flash we are in a meadow. Tall grass, thick oak trees, and the sound of a rushing river in the backround. I looked around and saw Jen, Mason, and even Mr. Jacobs in the illusion. Madison stood in the center of us and she looked really concentrated. I put my hand on her shoulder, leaning in to whisper into her ear. "Open your eyes." I saw her shiver. That made my wolf purr.

She fluttered her eyes opened and you'll never guess the first thing they focused on... me. Then it was just me and her, no one else in the world existed. Just us. No titles, no great battles, no judgement, no horrible pasts, just love and us. But you know the saying, everything good must come to an end.

I took a step closer to her, hesitantly I should add. "Now what do you think?" I asked. "About what exactly?" About what is right. The fact that Madison and I are royalty or if she has forgiven me yet about Brittany. "Everything. I guess." I answered. she thought for a minute. "Okay I believe you." "Which one? The royalty thing or the Brittany thing" She winced a little bit when I said Brittany. Why did I have to sleep with her? Oh that's right I couldn't control my hormones and it didn't seem like my mate was showing up any time soon. Boy, was I horribly and utterly wrong.

"I'll let you know when I find out." She stepped away from me. What did I expect for her to just coming into my arms and us complete the mating process right there and then. I would have loved that but for sure that won't happen anytime soon. The illusion was over and I looked away from anyone so I can mask the pain I'm sure is showing all over my face and an Alpha doesn't show pain. I blanked my expression out and Madison was just standing there watching me.

Her eyes were squinted, studying my every move. Is she judging me right now? "Yes, I am." She answered. "You are what?" I asked. "Judging you." Did I say that out loud? "Yes." She answered again. I looked to Mason for certainty, "No, he didn't I didn't hear anything. not even through mind link." Wait so then how did she hear my thoughts? "I don't know. Maybe it's a mate thing."

'Madison, stop reading my thoughts!' I shouted at her through my thoughts. If we keep this up I will never get a single thought to myself. "It isn't my fault! I can't control it. And it isn't like I want to hear all your thoughts. Mr. Jacobs fix this." Madison requested. I nodded in agreement.

"Relax, this is perfectly normal for mates however it's a bit early for you guys." "What do you mean 'normal for mates'?" asked Mason. "Well after the mating process is completed mates form this inseparable bond where they are able to mind-link even if they have yet to join in the other's pack. It usually happens after though." Mr. Jacobs explained.

"Then why do we have it so early? And only I can hear Logan's thoughts?" Madison asked. Mr. Jacobs thought for a moments, scratching his chin. "Probably because of your power everything mate related must be at a higher intensity than others."

'Dammit. I wish I was a squirrel. They have much simpler lives and chubby cheeks that they can fill with peanuts. I wonder if I can do that with peanut butter later.' I laughed. Was that Madison? I barked out a laugh. Everyone snapped their heads to me. I didn't care, who thinks about that right now? Really Madison?

'Ah man, You heard that didn't you?" Her eyes were wide and she rubbed her hands on her face. "Oh yes." She turned back to the teacher. "Looks like I am not the only one anymore."

"So what now?" Jen asked.

Good question. What do we do now that we know that Madison and I both are the all powerful King and Queen of wWrewolves and have to fight in an epic battle. Where if we lose the land we fight on dies with us. I hope I can make it for dinner, Mom is making tacos. I love tacos.