Chapter 2: First day part 2

Jen's view

Yay! Literature! How incredibly dull. I couldn't even focus my mind was on that scent, it made me animalistic. How it compelled me to follow it, feeling like I was lead to something important or someone. I know I am a sappy romantic, repeatedly told by Mads. I loved her, she was my sister, I'm closer to her than my own. I had really hoped it being here would bring her out of her shy shell.

Brought out of my thoughts by an annoying brother. Why did I have to share two classes with him and Mads only one? He was jabbing my side with his meaty finger, I snapped my head to him. He dared tried to act innocent, Asshole. He kept muttering "I'm bored" the fuck if I care right now. "Entertain me." He slumped in his seat, I whispered loudly to him "Do I look like a god damn circus?" he smirked, "Your ass is big enough for it." Oh hell no. I grabbed behind his head then forced it to smash against the table and it ended up hitting his nose. I laughed so hard he just scowled at me. "What is going on back there?" the teacher asked causing everyone to look back at us. Perfect. "Aiden was jacking off too hard and swung his head forward and accidentally smacked his head against the desk."

The expression on Aiden's face, priceless! Everyone burst out laughing. The teacher growled, the laughing died down, eventually. She was burning red with anger. "Aiden Lancaster and Jen Watson detention afterschool!" Whatever, that was worth it. Aiden shot up, "I wasn't doing anything! She is lying!" she growled, "Silence!" the bell rang and as I shot out of that class, I cackled like an evil villain.

I met up with Mads in the hallway, she immediately said "I have detention," she paused I waited for her to continue. Mads getting detention, that just wasn't done. Ever since I can remember she has always been teacher's pet, granted it was because I got into trouble with them and she used her goodiness as a get out of free card for me. They thought since I was friends with her I could be saved.

"Beth found a snake in bio." That explains a lot, Beth and her pranks. "Looks like I'll meet you there. Got Aiden for a comment he made. Did Beth have detention too?" Her eyes went wide as she exclaimed, "No! I don't know how but she got out of it." I laughed it was so like Beth to get out of trouble, pretending to be innocent.

Madison's view

Combat training was a bore. I am not an athletic person, I mean I can defend myself but I am not a pro. The instructor just gave instructions and safety rules. I stopped by my locker before lunch and as I am opening my locker I smell it again. Oh my, that was fantastic. I was brought out of my trance when Beth came up and slammed her body up against the locker and was followed by Jen and Aiden. I asked them, "Have you guys caught an amazing scent at all today?" I was practically absorbed in it. They all frantically shook their heads yes. "Yeah! It's like lavender and to be honest its making me go nuts." Aiden said while he shoved his hands into his pockets.

We started walking towards the cafeteria while Beth continued, "I smell something like newly cut grass and ocean breeze." "We each smell something different depending on what we are attracted to." I told them. We got our lunch and sat down at a long table, within a couple of minutes it was filled with people from our pack. We sat at the head of our table. The four of us straightened up and stuck our noses in the air, there it was again. Then Beth said, "Hey, look over there. It's the dark moon pack high ranks." I am assuming she is talking about the Alpha, Beta, third-in-command, or soon to be's of the dark moon pack. We all looked over towards the direction she was referring to.

They were standing at the entrance of the cafeteria on the other side of us. At the head of the other long table, which is understandable because they own the second largest pack in the U.S. Our packs have border line territory divided by a lake. I loved going there so peaceful and beautiful, off topic. We had a stare down with them, they stood standing up while we were still sitting down. Aiden slowly stood up. The cafeteria stood still. After Aiden stood up it was Jen then I but I just tried to get Aiden to sit back down. My back was to the other pack, I put my hand on Aiden and Jen's arms trying to soothe the situation. "Guys this is not the time or place. Listen to me, don't. Make a rational choice here." I glanced at Beth she was sitting back and watching everything take place. I barely stole a glance to our rival pack. Aiden took a seat and Jen followed after him the same as when he stood the first time.

I looked at the rival pack and noticed one of them in particular, honestly he was dreamy looking. I tried to stop staring but failed epically. I felt my cheeks burn and I did my best to tear my site away from him. I looked anywhere but him and his pack members. I looked at Jen and she had this knowing look like she knew what I was thinking about him. I hope not.

Thankfully the bell rang and I was the first to usher my friends out the door. They hesitantly walked away with both Aiden and Jen watching them carefully. As if they would somehow jump at them and they had to be ready. But that didn't happen.

"Stay cool guys, don't lose it. Not on the first day we have to set an example for the pack. As the future Alpha and beta you guys can't keep edging them on and waiting for them to throw the punch. We already have detention and that isn't okay. Got it?" they all nodded. "Good. We should get to class. I'll see you all afterschool for detention?" they nodded again, I could tell Aiden was still trying to calm his wolf. My brother didn't like competition and he always tried to prove his dominance. I left to go to my class, I just hoped there was someone from the pack there.

I stepped into my literature class I did see people from my pack, I was glad. I sat with my pack as they practically surrounded me forming a protective barrier, they knew I was shy they have experienced it firsthand. I was glad no one was able to talk to me without going through my pack and the fact that they talked to me easily. As I unpacked my things for the class I saw the Beta from Dark Moon Pack enter the class. No no no no no, please no. This is a recipe for disaster.

He walked over to his pack that neighbored mine. He smirked at me, my eyes widened and I panicked. I used my hair as a curtain for my face, hopefully he didn't see the fact that I was frightened by his image. The teacher strolled in and I tried to hide myself from his stare but I could feel it none the less. I heard a friend from the pack growl I turn to look and it was one of the female wolves, she along with a few others were very protective of me and how new people treated me. She was one of the many who were surrounding me, growling at the Beta of Dark Moon Pack. He chuckled and put his hands up in surrender. 'Why did you growl?' I had asked her through mind link. 'I didn't like the way he was looking your direction.' I smiled and a blush filled my cheeks.

Class was over in no time without any more trouble from the beta of Dark Moon Pack. Walking to my locker I met up with Jen again.