Chapter 9: Mason Surprise

Madison's view

Ugh... Someone just kill me or maybe I'll keep throwing up to the point of death. I lean over the porcelain seat and let out all of the contents of my stomach. Hoping that was the last time, I walk over to my bathroom sink and wash my mouth. I grudgingly walk to my bed hoping I still have a few hours of sleep before school starts. Nope!

The alarms sounds and play Good life by One republic. Damnit. Well it's now or never. Why did I decide to get drunk on a monday night?

I got up and almost tripped on my own two feet. I walked back to my bathroom and turned the shower to hot. I came out feeling more aware and less dead, I wrapped the towel around my body and started to work on my hair. After blow drying it and doing loose curls I moved to my closet and picked an outfit. Something conservative to hide my hangover state. I picked my gray pullover hoodie, faded blue jeans, and to top it all off my beat up black and white converse. I picked up my darkest pair of sunglasses and my school bag.

I walked out of my room and down the steps where Jen, Aiden, and Beth were waiting for me. "Why? WHY? Why would you let me drink that much?" They all laughed. Ugh, too loud for my comfort. "Shhh!" I hissed. "I told you to eat the damn bread." She said shaking her head and arms crossed. Whatever. "Let's just get this day over with. I want to be laying in my bed grasping onto a trash bin as soon as possible." They all made discussed faces, it's the truth.

We all walked to the door and when it opened it was like Alpha Datophire decided to punish me for last night and put the sun's light right in my face. I flinched back and shut my eyes, slipping my sun glasses on I trailed behind everyone to the car. Aiden drove again, much to Jen's protest.

While Aiden drives to school, let me explain about Alpha Datophire. Alpha Datophire is the very first werewolf to ever shift. He was the strongest and wisest of his time. He ruled over the werewolf race and made sure to keep peace within the packs around the world. However the Alpha was sad because he could not find a queen, one that showed true love for him and not his title. One day as he sat on his throne his jealous Beta and Third in command assasinated him, however his spirit lived on. Alpha Datophire's spirit continued as our version of God you could say. He watches over us and makes sure to keep peace from above and only intervene when necesssary, apearing in visions. Since he was depressed during his reign, he decided to match werewolves. He created a match for every individual and make it easy to spot them after a werewolf's first shift. He created mates.

So that's it and there it is, stupid school. Might as well get it over with so I can get home faster. I stepped out of the car as the Dark Moon Pack pulled into the parking space next to us. I started to walk to school not really wanting to see Logan or anyone one of my friends cozy up to their mates.

I felt a presence behind me and I turned around. I saw that it was Logan, what the hell did he want? Didn't he remember that he slept with another girl, I was not going to forgive him or forget anytime soon. "Hey!" He called out to me. I kept walking not really wanting to see him or talk to him. "Hey? What's wrong?" Really?? Was he really asking me that? I scoffed and walked faster to my locker.

He grabbed on to me by my arm and looked into my eyes. "Hey, hey? Whats wrong? Tell me." He cooed. Really? "Logan. Get. Away. From. Me." I hissed with venom coming out with every word. He furrowed his eyebrows and a confused look came across his face but obeys. I walk over to my locker and wait for my friends to join me. I see someone leaning against my locker, I look up to see that its Mason leaning against my locker. I admit it, I was slightly disappointed it wasn't Logan.

"Hey..." He let the word drag on. I answered awkwardly, "Hey, ummm what's up?" "What happened between you and Logan?" Him too? "Ummm, you were there. He slept with another girl." I paused, "Twice." I pointed out and held up two fingers in his face. He just put my hand down and gave me a confused look. "I thought you guys made up last night?" What the heck. "No, we just stayed home and raided my Dad's liquor cabinet." I responded.