twenty four

Matt's POV:
"what's this?" kelsey said, knocking on my front door at 10am on the day of prom. she handed me her phone showing me text messages between her and addilyn.

"that's not what happened" i said, letting out a giggle.

"you find this funny?" kelsey crossed her arms.

"cause it's so clearly fake. you don't believe it, do you?" i asked. "i'll even show you the real conversation" i continued.

i grabbed my phone out of my pocket and handed it to kelsey where she took a quick read of my conversation with addilyn.

"why does she hate us together ? can't everyone just leave us alone" kelsey sighed, giving me a hug. "i'm sorry matt. this all stresses me out"

"it's okay kelsey. take a seat and i'll get you some water. we'll figure this out" i said, guiding her to the lounge room couch.

an hour or so passed and kelsey and i had come up with a perfect idea to get kelsey back.

"i'll see you tonight at 8" i said, guiding kelsey to the front door.

"okay, see you then" she smiled and gave me a kiss on the cheek before leaving. even the smallest things she does still make my heart flutter.

once kelsey left, i immediately messaged joba and ian.

———

***TEXT MESSAGES***

matt: i need your guys help tonight

joba: it's prom, please don't tell me
you're up to something bad. i really
want it to be a good night

ian: yeah matt, i don't know if i want
to be apart of something tonight if it's
just going to cause trouble

matt: it's to do with addilyn

ian: well in that case, i'm in

joba: yup i'm down to help

matt: i'll tell you guys about it later tonight,
kelsey and i thought of it together. meet
me at the prom stage around 9pm and
bring ciarán, merlyn and dom as well

ian: alright

joba: see you boys then

———

Kelsey's POV:
"jack can you pass me my heels please" i said as i put on my earrings.

"you sure you want to wear heels tonight? you're going to have to look down on that stank as rat" he responded as he passed me my black heels.

"shut up!" i giggled, playfully punching jack's shoulder.

"look kels, i know addilyn did some horrible things between you and matt but i don't think you should go through with that plan of yours. you're not like that. you're a good person" jack said.

"jack she's ruining my life" i looked down at my phone.

"i know but do you even see a future with matt ? how do you know he won't just leave you at any second ? if it's all just temporary then don't go through with your plan" he said.

"what're you trying to say?"

"i'm just saying that ever since you've been with matt, you've changed ; and not in a good way"

"you know, for someone who's supposed to be my best friend and support my decisions, you've just become a big jerk" i stood up from my chair.

"kelsey i didn't-" before jack could continue, i cut him off. "leave" i said pointing towards my door.

"but kelsey-"

"jack. i said leave"