fourteen

Kelsey's POV:
i got dressed and put on my makeup before hearing knocks on my door. i quickly ran downstairs and opened it to see chris. "hey" i said, walking outside the door.

we entered his car and drove to the nearest cinema which only took 10 minutes. "what movie would you like to watch?" he asked, placing his arm around my shoulder. "the nun" i replied.

"cool, stay here and i'll buy the tickets and food" he said, walking off.

"hey kelsey! what movie are you watching?" ian asked as he approached me with ciarán.

"the nun" i answered.

"with who?" ciarán asked. i pointed over to chris. "oh" they said in sync.

"kelsey i know you're not talking to matt but i just want to clear things up. he wanted to go to the carnival with you. he wouldn't have just asked so you wouldn't go with chris, he's not like that. he wanted to spend time with you" ciarán said.

"he's been really messed up lately, i've never seen him like this before. he hasn't smiled, laughed, or showed any emotion besides sadness and anger all week" ciarán continued.

"if he cared so much he wouldn't have given my necklace to addilyn" i said, rolling my eyes.

"what do you mean? he didn't give it to her, she practically took it from him. he was going to put it in his bag but she asked to look at it and then before we knew it, she was putting it on. matt tried stopping her" ian said.

"but she told me he did" i said in confusion.

"she's probably jealous. her and matt used to date, they broke up last year" ian responded.

"so they don't have a thing for each other now?" i asked.

ian and ciarán shook their heads.

"he'd never go back to addilyn. plus, matt clearly likes you" ian said, smiling. "i don't know if you've realised, i mean you two have kissed but you could've thought that meant nothing. he really likes you, like a lot" he continued.

"can you please try to talk to matt? we really think he needs you. all of us do. he acts like he doesn't want you back in his life but we know deep down he does" ciarán asked.

"i'll think about it" i answered. i waved them goodbye as chris called my name. we entered cinema 4 which was showing the nun, and soon found out designated seats.

an hour into the movie, chris placed his arm around my shoulder like he did earlier. i rested my head against his chest and continued watching the movie. from the corner of my eye i could see him looking at me. i looked back at him and he smiled. i let a very fake and forced smile back before he pushed his lips onto mine. immediately, i squealed and pushed him off.

"don't touch me" i yelled, getting everyone in the cinema's attention. "sorry chris, i cant do this" i wiped my lips with the sleeve of my jacket and made my way out of the cinema.

as i left the cinema, i saw addilyn at a coffee shop waiting to order. i tapped her on the shoulder, having her turn around. i looked at her neck and saw the gold, star necklace matt gave me. i paused for a few seconds, contemplating whether or not i should go through with what i was about to do.

"what?" addilyn said, looking me in the eyes.

"this is mine" i said, ripping the necklace off her neck.

"ouch!" she shouted before placing her hands around her neck and collarbone area, searching for the necklace.

"i don't know what you're up to but you better stay away from matt and i" i said before walking off.

i looked in my hands to check if the necklace broke, which it thankfully somehow it managed to stay together.