eighteen

Matt's POV:
two days after asking kelsey to be my girlfriend and i am still in utter shock. it felt like her saying yes was all just a dream. it didn't feel like reality one bit.

the word spread quickly around school and each day i could feel addilyn glare at kelsey as we'd walk past. it was an uncomfortable feeling for both kelsey and i, but we were glad she didn't do anything worse.

"matt! we need to figure out what we're going to wear to prom. what colours should we go for?" kelsey said as she held onto my hand.

"i was thinking maroon would be cool" i answered.

"perfect! i'm going to go dress shopping after school today and maybe you can buy a tuxedo today too?" she said with the biggest smile across her face.

"i'd love to but i'm going over to Joba's today. i'll buy my tux tomorrow though" i said, placing her hair behind her ear.

she nodded her head and gave me a kiss goodbye.

———

*at joba's house*

"i'm so excited for prom" i said, taking a seat on the couch.

"i bet you are, i'd be too if i were you" joba said as he pat me on the back.

"i'm surprised kelsey said yes to being your girlfriend you rusty ass rat" ciarán said.

"what did i do to piss you off?" i asked.

"he's been having a bad week" joba answered for ciarán.

as i was about to respond, we heard a few knocks on the door.

"must be ian and dom, they said they'd stop by" joba said, standing up to answer the door.

"um" joba paused. "it's for you matt" he continued as he slowly walked away from the door.

i stood up from my seat and walked towards the door. as i turned the corner from the lounge room to the front door, i saw addilyn standing there.

"hey matt" she smirked.

"oh what now? can't i have one good week" i mumbled to myself. "hi addilyn. what're you doing here?"

"just wanted to say that i know you're dating as well as taking kelsey to prom and i think that's super sweet!" she said.

"cool. bye now" i replied, closing the door on her.

before the door could close all the way, addilyn's foot held it open.

"but you know, i was wondering. maybe you could just take me to prom instead?" she said as she slowly opened the door all the way.

"and why would i do that?" i laughed.

"b-because you've known me longer" she stuttered.

"wack excuse" i said.

addilyn stood there with her hands crossed, staring at me in my eyes. mimicking her, i did the same.

"woah is that kelsey?" i said, having addilyn turn her head right around. before she knew it, i closed the door shut and she was out of my face.

i took a seat back on the couch i was previously on and told joba and ciarán about the whole conversation to which they also laughed about.

———

a/n: sorry for not updating for so long.
i've just been really busy but i'll try my
best to update as often as i possibly can.
the next chapter will be based on the day
of the prom so it'll be a lot longer than
this chapter (hopefully). also, happy new
year! i hope 2019 is a good year for all you