five

Kelsey's POV:
it's been a week since ian's party and i haven't talked to matt or any of his friends since. the only communication i've had with them were simple waves and smiles from across the halls, but none were directed to matt. it felt like he was ignoring me. it was a pretty harsh feeling considering i took care of him when he fainted, but what do you expect, it's matt champion.

it was sunday, the day before my grades three day excursion to the snow. i was excited for the trip since it was my last excursion before i graduate. i needed to buy a jacket warm enough for the weather there, so i headed to the mall to find one.

after looking through several stores for the right jacket, i finally found one. it was navy blue with some red designs all over. i loved the design of it and there was only one left in my size too. it's like it was a match made in heaven. i went to the checkout to pay and as i left the store, i saw romil.

"hey romil" i said as i walked towards him. "oh hey kelsey! what're you doing here?" he asked.

"i just bought a jacket for the excursion tomorrow, you?" i responded.

"just looking around. oh hey i just want to say thanks" romil smiled.

"for?" i paused. "for looking after matt the other night" he said.

"oh, no biggie" i smiled. "is he feeling okay? i think he's ignoring me. or maybe he just forgot what happened.. i'm not sure" i said.

romil nodded his head. "oh he remembers. he told us all about it. he's probably just shocked that someone actually helped him. even though so many people are obsessed with him, no one other than the boys actually go to that extent for him"

"just trying to be nice" i smiled. "well i guess i'm going to-"

"hey i know he seems like he hates everyone and everything, but trust me he doesn't. he has just gone through a lot and he doesn't know how to show his emotions and express how he feels that well" romil blurted out.

"i guess what i'm trying to say is i think if you stick around matt, he'll learn that not everyone's how he thinks they are, meaning not everyone will hurt him. even if he tries pushing you away, you shouldn't let him do so" he continued.

"i guess the trip at the snow could help me become friends with matt, but it'd be hard because i don't think he'd want to talk to me" i said, tucking my hair behind my ear.

"like i said, if he tries pushing you away, you shouldn't let him do so" romil smirked and walked off.

"no goodbye ?" i quietly said as i walked towards the exit of the mall.

———

a/n: ahh short chapter, the next
one will be much longer i promise