six

Kelsey's POV:
i woke up tired. it was 4am and the bus for my excursion was arriving to school at 5:30. it was a 2 hour and 30 minute drive which i wasn't prepared for. as excited as i was for this excursion, i hated riding the bus. it made me feel sick.

i got dressed, wearing several coats to keep my shivering body warm. i grabbed a few more things to put in my suitcase and made myself coffee to keep me awake. i then headed out the door and drove to school, picking up jack on the way.

"are you looking forward to this trip?" jack asked. i nodded my head. "are you?" i asked back. "you know i am" he answered.

we arrived at school 5:30 on the dot. the bus was already there and people were placing their luggages in. jack and i placed ours inside too before being welcomed by Joba, Ciarán and Dom. "everyone else is inside the bus, c'mon guys hurry" they said in sync.

i was the last one to enter the bus. i assumed that jack and i would be sitting next to each other, but the only seats left were one next to merlyn and the other next to matt. jack sat down next to merlyn, meaning i had to take the seat next to matt. i looked at him and he looked at me back, our eyes meeting.

"can i sit here?" i asked nervously. you could hear the shake in my voice. i haven't talked to matt in a while, it felt like the start all over again.

"there's clearly no where else to sit so obviously, i have no choice but to let you" he said, putting on his headphones. i was going to apologise for asking but then i realised there'd be no point, he wouldn't have heard me anyways.

———

Matt's POV:
thirty minutes into the bus ride i noticed that kelsey looked more pale than ever. i didn't have intentions of asking her what was wrong, but because she helped me back at ian's party, i felt like it was the right thing to do.

"are you okay?" i asked, taking my headphones off. she shook her head "no".

"what's wrong?" i asked. "i get bus sick" she said.

"how lucky of me, seated next to someone that's going to throw up any second" i mumbled.

"if you're going to be an asshole you shouldn't have asked" she raised her voice. i felt bad. the thought of her helping me at ian's party kept replaying in my mind.

"uh" i paused. "if you want you can lean on my shoulder. like, to use me as your pillow" i continued.

she smiled at me. her smile warmed my heart. i immediately snapped out of it. what was this girl turning me into?

"thanks matt" she said and leaned her head on my shoulder. i placed my headphones back on and gazed outside the window for the remaining time of the ride there.

———

after a couple of hours, we arrived at our destination. everyone quickly got off the bus, except for kelsey and i. she had fallen asleep on my shoulder. my whole left arm was numb, but she looked so peaceful. i didn't want to wake her although, i had no other choice.

"can you get off me now" i said, moving my arm away from her head. her eyes quickly opened followed by her rubbing them. "move we need to get off the bus" i said standing up so she could hurry out.

"sleepy couple ?" Merlyn laughed. "shut up" i said, taking my suitcase off the bus.

"so matt, do you like kelsey?" joba asked. i stared at him for a solid minute. was he being serious? "of course not, why would i like her" i said.

"i don't know.. why would you let her use you as a pillow for two hours ?" joba said.

"she felt sick. i was doing her a favour since she did me one. now can we forget about this ?" i insisted. they all nodded their heads and we walked over to where the rest of the grade was.

"okay guys, go into groups of four or five and that will be who you're sharing your cabin with for the next three days" Mrs. Coco said.

groups of four - five meant that either two or one of my friends won't be with the rest. "dom, merlyn, ciarán, joba and i will be in a cabin together" romil said.

"so who will ian and i be with?" i asked. joba pointed to my left where Kelsey and her friend Jack were.

"i hate you guys, just watch when we get out of this place" i said rolling my eyes.

ian and i walked towards kelsey and jack, where ian asked if we could be in a cabin together. kelsey looked over at jack and they both nodded their heads, something i wish they didn't do. i hate being with people i barely know, especially when one of them is someone my friends think i have feelings for.

———

a/n: updated twice today !!
hope y'all are enjoying this