Chapter Twelve

Allison's POV {4 days later}

"Since you are turning 18 in a few weeks, you can keep the house. You'll have to get a job to pay the bills. Your grandmother and grandfather have decided to live with you for a year just to make sure you're stable on your own. Then when you're ready to live on your own, they will go back to their home, with Ryan (her younger brother). Your parents left everything to you, including all of their savings. When you were little, your parents opened a secret bank account in your name. They saved up about 8 thousand for you to have. They must have known with their perpetual travel that something could happen to them. So when you are 25 years old you can official open that account. Is there anything else you want to go over Ms. Jones?"

"No that was all. Thank you, Mr. Fintell." I finally spoke.

The lawyer finally left after being here for about an hour. We have discussed my parents savings and property. I graduate next year with Shawn. We both decided to go to the community college, then live together when my grandparents leave. I might sell the house, I might not. Shawn wants me to keep it for us when we get older. He's so fixed on getting married and having kids some day. It would be wonderful to live an adult life with Shawn. But maybe not until after college....

Getting out of my chair, I walked into the kitchen for a glass of water. When I turned around, Shawn walked into the kitchen. I jumped at his sudden appearance.

"Hey Ali, did I scare you?" Shawn grabbed my face in his ginormous hands and gently leaned in to kiss me.

When he pulled away, I grinned at him. "No, you just startled me a little."

He chuckled and pulled me into his arms. I laid my head on his chest and wrapped my arms around him. I could feel his fingers combing through my hair that was in two braids. I heard the hair ties fall to the ground. Shawn's fingers unwound my hair from their braids. I felt him kiss my forehead.

"I love you so much my Angel." Shawn whispered.

I noticed he's been calling me his angel a lot. Haha guess that's my nickname. I don't have one for him.

I tilted my head so I could see his face. He looked down at me.

"I love you too Shawn." His lips cut off whatever I was going to say next. His lips tasted like apples. Shawn moved his hands from my hair and down my shoulders. My hands curled into his soft brown hair. Shawn's black SnapBack hit the back of my head when his lips ventured down to my jaw.

Black. Black was for the color of death. Death. Death means funerals. Funerals. Shit I need to get ready for the funeral!

"Shawn." I said.

He put his forehead against my shoulder so his mouth was by my ear.

Shawn's warm breath tickled the tiny whimsy hairs curled around my ear.

"Shaaaaawwwwn."

He made a muffled noise against my skin.

"We have to get ready for the funeral."

With those words out of my mouth, he quickly snapped his head up and let his hands drop by his side. Whirling around, I glanced at the stove clock. 1:49pm. We have 40 minutes to get ready and drive to the cemetery. The funeral service starts at 3:00pm.

"Sorry." Shawn's cheeks turned slightly pink. I smiled.

"It's okay, not like I minded it. But we have to get ready so go home. I'll call you when I'm ready."

"You know I can see you when you change right?"

Now my cheeks turned pink.

"Haha you're so adorable." Shawn said, pecked my lips and then walked down the hall and opened the front door.