Chapter Six

Shawn's POV {7:45pm}

"Shawn"

I smiled down at her. Before she looked so pale, like a cancer patient. Lifeless, her energy slowly draining from her body. But now Allison looked healthy, with some color to her cheeks. Her vibrant blue eyes shined with happiness. My kiss obviously made her feel better😏

"I love you Allison Marie Jones" I say to her, leaning my forehead against hers.

"I love you Shawn Peter Raul Mendes" Allison replies.

We both smile, I kiss her nose.

"You are so freaking adorable when you scrunch up your nose." I told her.

She just blushes.

"I'm kind of thirsty, will you call the nurse?" Ali asks.

I nod and push the red call button. A few moments later, the doctor and a nurse walk into the room.

"I'll leave you guys alone. I'll go get my mom and some water for you Angel." I said and stood up from my chair.

"Okay" Ali says, letting my fingers go.

As the door slowly closes behind me, I hear the nurse ask Allison about me.

"So was that your boyfriend? He's kinda cute."

I can hear the shyness in her reply. "Yeah he is, I mean no! He's my best friend....yeah I don't-it's complicated. All I know is that he loves me and I love him."

The nurse chuckles and says, "Whatever makes you happy you should go for."

I smile as I continue down the hallway to the elevator. When I reach the waiting room, I see my mom is with my dad. He must have gotten home from work and come to the hospital. Aaliyah is sitting on Ian's lap as he reads her a story. When my footsteps are heard, they all look up. The look of pure joy and relief on my face must have given it away.

"She's awake?!?!?" Aaliyah screams, jumping from Ian's lap.

"Yeah, she's awake." I say smiling, "The doctor is with her right now, but we can sit outside her room."

My mom hugs me tight and whispers in my ear, "I knew she would wake up just for you Shawn."

I head to the cafeteria to get Ali some water, Ian walks with me.

"What should I do now that we've kissed? Are we together? Or are we still best friends?" I asked Ian for his advice.

He shrugged, "I think you should do something romantic, then ask her to be your girlfriend. Then you'll get laid." He said with a smirk.

"I'm not in this relationship for sex Ian! I love her, I've loved her before I even knew what sex was!!!" I scolded him. "But you know, if it ever came up...."

Ian grinned, "See? I don't blame you, she's smoking hot!"

I reached over a punched him really hard in the shoulder. "Don't talk about my girl that way!" I snapped.

Ian rubbed his shoulder. "Holy shit Mendes, you sure got a good arm on ya."

"Damn right I do."