Chapter Nine

Shawn's POV {next morning}

I woke up and felt around the sheets for Ali. Her warmth was gone, and the sheets were empty. Panic filled me as I bolted awake and frantically called for Ali. Running down the stairs, I saw her standing there (looking perfect in my American Apparel underwear) cooking pancakes.

"Allison." My breath caught as tears blurred my vision.

I ran for her and gathered her in my arms. My face was nuzzled into her neck. My Allison was safe. I thought something really bad had happened. I guess I'm more worried about her since the accident. I snaked my arms around her waist and just held her. Allison's scent of roses and coconut wafted into my nose. I closed my eyes as more tears dripped down my cheeks.

Allison's POV

While I was making breakfast, I heard someone running down the stairs in a rush. Obviously it was Shawn, so I didn't turn around. Then my name was called in a relieved whisper. Not even a second later, Shawn had his arms around me. Hugging me tight, our bodies pressed together. Shawn's face was buried in my neck. I felt hot tears slide off his cheeks and onto my neck. His lips were hot against my skin. But he wasn't kissing me. Just cradling me like I was some lost treasure, that was finally found.

"I'm so glad you're okay Allison." Shawn finally spoke, moving his face from my neck.

"Why were you so worried about me Shawn? You know I wake up and cook you breakfast whenever you sleep over." I tilted my head in confusion.

"I was so worried because of your accident. And I want you to always be safe. But that night, I was supposed to be protecting you and I didn't. I'm sorry Allison. I'm sorry, it was all my fault that you got hurt. I'm so sorry." His head dropped onto my shoulder. I felt his body shake with sobs.

The only thing worse than seeing your mother cry, is see the love of your life cry.

My hands reached up to tangle in his soft hair. I rubbed a soothing hand up and down his arm.

"It's okay Shawn. I'm okay. And it was most definitely NOT your fault. As long as you're here now, I'm okay. I promise, Shawn."

"Allison." Shawn whispered in my ear.

"What?"

"I know I've said this before, but...I'm in love with you and I want to be with you for the rest of my life." He took a deep breath and lifted his head to look me straight in the eyes. "Will you be my girlfriend?"

I smiled and leaned on my tiptoes to kiss him firmly on the lips. "Yes. Absolutely, a million times yes."

The biggest smile spread across Shawn's face. It made my heart melt when he smiled like that. Like I'm the only thing in this world that makes him happy. Shawn tucked a stray piece of hair behind my ear. When he looked at me, I saw his eyes rimmed with red from crying. But I also saw the love he has for me. Whenever he looks at me, it's always with love and passion, and affection. Shawn is the best thing that has ever happened to me.

"Shawn, I love you so much." Before he could do it, I closed the distance between our lips.