Chapter Five

Allison's POV {A week later} {7:26pm}

I felt big warm hands on top of mine. Their callused fingertips tracing hearts and circles on my palm. I couldn't open my eyes, no matter how hard I tried. The hands were familiar on my skin, but I couldn't place who was touching me. I could smell their shampoo and cologne. I knew it was a boy. And the scent was so familiar but I still couldn't remember who it belonged to.
I tried opening my heavy eyelids, but they wouldn't open.

All of a sudden, I heard a sweet voice call out to me.

"Ali! Please wake up! I need you!! You're my everything! I can't live without my Angel!" The male voice was heavy with tears.

I tried calling out to the familiar voice, but my mouth wouldn't move.

"Allison, I love you so much. Please wake up! I need you, I can't live without you. I am have been in love with you for 9 years, you're my everything. You can't leave!" The voice is like a broken record, playing over and over again in my head.

The voice was filled with love, how he talked about me. But I can't remember who this boy is. I remember everything about him except his name. His soft brown hair and light brown eyes. His perfect smile and absolutely gorgeous body. And his voice, he sings like an angel. But I can't remember his name. How could I forget his name?

"Ali, if you can hear me, please do something. If you can hear me move your fingers." His warm fingers intertwined with mine. My still, cold fingers. I tried as hard as I could to move my fingers. I couldn't. I wanted to wake up, just for this boy. This lonely, lovely boy who loves me. I move my finger. The boy gasps and clutches me fingers tighter.

"Ali?" He asks.

My eyes blink fast as they slowly open. The boy jumps out of his chair and leans close to me. He gently brushes hair out of my face. His fingers linger on my cheek. I open my eyes all the way. The young boy looks just as I remember. But I still can't remember his name. He is someone from my childhood I know that. Is he my best friend? He is obviously not my brother if he is in love with me. So he must be a friend, or a boyfriend??? No I don't remember having a boyfriend. He must be my friend. When I open my eyes he smiles. He looks so handsome when he smiles. I smile back.

"I'm so glad you're awake!!! I thought you weren't gonna make it!" He said. "How are you? Do you need a doctor?"

"Who are you?" I asked, wanting to know who he was.

I heard him draw in a sharp breath. His kind brown eyes filled with tears.

"You don't remember me at all Allison?" He said as tears spilled down his face.

I reached up to touch his face. My cold fingers graze his cheek.

"I remember you're my friend. And you seem familiar. But I can't remember your name."

The boy sits down in his chair.

"What do you remember about me?" He asks, "What's the last thing we did together?"

"The only thing I remember is swimming in a pool, and you singing. I remember us together in a pool. I was wearing a blue bikini and you were wearing red swimming trunks. I was lying down and you splashed me, and I got mad. Then you threw me in the pool." I stopped, remembering the boy. " Then us sitting at a table, I was eating something. Your feet were propped on another chair while you played your guitar. And your voice was like an angel. It was beautiful, I even remember the song! Let me tell you a story, about a girl and boy. He fell in love with his best friend, when she's around he feels nothing but joy."

The boy smiles and looks down at our hands. Finally he speaks.

"That was three weeks ago. You've been in a coma for a week. You must have lost memory from the past week."

"Oh." I said.

"So you are my best friend, but I heard you while I was asleep. Are you in love with me?" I ask.

He blushes, which is super cute, before he answers.

"Yes I am. I have been for almost 10 years. I told you that the day before the accident, but you don't remember that."

Before I could answer, he leaned forward. His breath smelled like coffee and chocolate chip muffins as he bent toward my face. Before I could say anything, his lips were on mine. It was a quick but passionate kiss. Suddenly, everything came rushing back to me. In little flashes, I remembered the middle of the night, calling out to him. Him confessing his love, us kissing. Then us at the park. Us on the sidewalk, then splitting pain in my head as I fell to the ground, him screaming my name.

He pulled away from me and I breathed out one word.

"Shawn"