Chapter Eleven

Allison's POV

Hearing that voice on the phone telling me my parents are dead, it broke something inside me. Uncontrollable tears came, and Shawn tried to comfort me. He didn't know what was wrong. He didn't know how to help me. But I couldn't tell him. My mouth couldn't form the words. How could they just leave me alone like this?!?!? Shawn's comforting voice interrupted my thoughts.

"My Angel you have to tell me what's wrong or else I can't help you."

No, my parents didn't leave me alone. I have Shawn. I always have had Shawn to help me when I'm alone. He's always been there for me and I know he always will be.

Shawn's POV {2:13am}

My deep sleep was interrupted in the early morning. I don't know what woke me up. Then I hear it, close to my ear.

Tiny whimpering noises coming from my beautiful sleeping angel. Allison.
Her head was resting in the crook of my neck. I could feel Ali's tears dripping onto my neck and down my shoulder. Careful not to wake her up, I brushed a stray hair away from her face. Ali turned her face away from me. With a startled cry, she sat straight up. I immediately put my hand on her back, comforting both me and her. Ali turned toward me, as if she had forgotten I was there.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

Allison lurched forward and wrapped her arms around my neck, hugging me tight. Confused by this sudden embrace, I just snaked my arms around her tiny body and squeezed.

"Oh Shawn! I'm so glad you're okay!" The relief in her voice was obvious.

"Of course I'm okay, why wouldn't I be?" I stupidly asked, then regretted it. Obviously something happened to me in her dream.

With her still on top of me, I decided to just stay laying down with her in my arms.

"I had a terrible nightmare. My parents died in the plane crash, and you were away when it happened. So when you got on a plane to come home to see me, your plane crashed too. I was all alone, when you promised not to leave me alone." Ali finished, with tears falling again.

I hated seeing her cry, it was like...I can't even explain what it feels like. The most extreme emotional pain I've ever felt in my life.

I gently kissed at the end of her jaw, just below her ear. My hands still hugging her tight. I wiped the tears away.

"I would never leave you alone Allison. I promise. I'll always be here to protect you no matter what. I love you with all my heart and I'll do whatever it takes to keep you safe. Always remember that, okay my angel?"

Ali nodded and laid her head on my chest. I stroked her long silky hair with one hand. The other hand was intertwined with Ali's.

"Shawn?" Her voice cut through the comfortable silence.

"Yes Angel?" I asked. Noting in my head that I seem to call her angel a lot. The thought made me smile.

"I can't sleep, will you sing to me?"

"Of course, what do you want me to sing?"

Ali tightened her grip on my fingers. "I want you to sing our song. The song that explains everything about us."

I knew which song that was. Fall, by Justin Bieber.

That was our song all right. A story about a girl and a boy. He fell in love with his best friend. She was broken, and it made her blind. She was unaware. She made me smile. I ain't going nowhere. Here to make her happy, to make her smile. She's an angel that forgot to fly. It breaks my heart to see her cry. And I found a way to make her fall. Then I caught her.

"Let me tell you a story, about a girl and a boy. He fell I love with his best friend, when she's around he feels nothing but joy...."