Chapter Ten

Shawn's POV {later that week}

Today was like any other normal summer day. We sat inside and watched Disney movies. About halfway through the second movie, The Little Mermaid, Allison climbed on top of me.

"Any reason why you are sitting on me? Not that I mind but..." I trailed off.

She was sitting with her legs on either side of me and her arms around my neck. I put my arms around her waist.

"So I can do this easier."

Before I could answer she pushed her lips against mine eagerly.

Her fingertips traced along my bicep and down my chest. My hands instantly wove into her long dark hair.
Allison pressed her whole body against mine, making me want her more and more. I rubbed my palms up and down her back. It oddly comforted me. Watching movies during the summer with my best friend was normal. Making out with my best friend during those movies was not normal. But normal is so overrated. Being with Allison makes me feel happy, complete, like I've finally found my one true love. I know that sounds weird coming from a teenage guy, but I really am in love with her. Everything about her is perfect, at least in my eyes it is. Allison makes me a better person, and there's nothing better than that.

Suddenly, a sharp blaring noise caused us to jump apart. It was the phone. Ali ran into the kitchen to get the house phone she had left on the counter.

I heard her sweet raspy voice answer with a friendly, "Hello?"

I paused the movie.

I didn't hear anything for a minute or two, so I got up to see what happened. When I walked into the kitchen, Ali was standing still, staring at the wall with a look of shock on her face.

My fingertips brushed the hair away from her shoulder.

"Ali? Are you okay?" I asked.

She flinched away from my touch and dropped the phone on the tile floor.

What the hell is going on?

"Allison?"

Allison turned toward me, with a pained look in her eyes. She looked me straight in the eyes, the collapsed. Frantic about her recent injuries, I dropped to the floor next to her.

Ali let out a ear splitting cry that gave me goosebumps. Her shoulders shook as she let out big sobs. I didn't know what was wrong. I didn't know how to help her. So I just pulled her into my lap and ran my fingers through her hair. I tried comforting her, but it was hard to do that when I had no clue what was wrong. I couldn't even look a her face, it hurt me too much to see her cry. But I felt the tears wetting the front of my t-shirt. Allison's whole body was limp in my arms. I let her cry and cry, for what seemed like hours.

I leaned my mouth towards her ear.

"My Angel you have to tell me what's wrong or else I can't help you."

Allison reached up and grabbed a fistful of my shirt. She opened her mouth to speak, but all that came out was soft gasps as she tried to suck in a breath. But the sobs stuck in her throat preventing her from doing so. I couldn't even imagine what had happened. Ali closed her mouth and took deep breaths through her nose. Her eyes were bloodshot and puffy. Her nose was runny and her lips were chapped. My goodness, one minute she was fine, then the next she was breaking down in uncontrollable tears.

I gently kissed her forehead. "Allison, please tell me what's wrong?"

My arms were wrapped securely around her as she sat in my lap, leaning against my chest.

"Sh-Sh-Shawn...." She paused for air as she was still crying. "M-My parents...they're gone. Their plane crashed on their way home. Nobody survived the crash. Shawn, they're gone, I don't know what to do!" Allison finished with a deep breath and buried her face in my chest.

Her parents...dead. They were like a second mom and dad to me. I've known them as long as I've known Ali. I don't know what to do either. News like that is awful. I feel like crying, but I need to stay strong for Allison.

I wrapped my arms around her tighter and just rocked back and forth.

"It's okay Allison, I'll make sure you'll be okay. I'll always protect you no matter what." I tried comforting her. I'm not sure if it was working or not.

I felt a warm hand on my cheek. I opened my eyes, not even aware I had closed them, to see Allison's face inches from mine. Reaching up, I wiped a stray tear from her cheek. I felt her lean into my palm. She leaned her face against my neck. I turned my head slightly so I could kiss her jaw. I heard her sigh.

"Come on Allison, let's go snuggle, that will help you feel a little better."

I got up off the ground, pulling her to her feet. We began walking up the stairs when Ali swayed on her feet. I grabbed her before she fell and swung her up into my arms. I carried her bridal style into her bathroom. Sitting her on the counter, I opened a drawer to find a towel. I helped her clean up her face. Ali splashed her face with cold water many times before following me to the bedroom. She walked into the closet, then appeared a minute later dressed in my maroon Obey sweatshirt and my sweatpants. Realizing my shirt was tear stained, I opened the window to climb into my bedroom, but Ali pulled me back.

"Don't leave me Shawn. Don't leave me now, don't leave me ever. I never want to be without you because you complete me. I can't live without you, especially now. Please don't go."

Allison's normally bright blue eyes were a dull gray color filled with sadness and fear. She really didn't want to be alone, even for a minute.

"Okay, I'll stay." She let go of my arm so I could take off my shirt. Now I was just wearing jeans.

"Can I have my sweatpants back?" I asked Ali.

Ali looked up at me, her eyes widening when she took in my shirtless chest. Usually I would have laughed at her, or even smiled. But the thought barely crossed my mind.

Allison stood up, walked over to me, and literally just took off my sweatpants that she was wearing. Ali's long tan legs looked unbearably sexy and smooth. I just wanted to run my hands dow- NO, I HAVE TO AVOID THOSE KINDS OF THOUGHTS RIGHT NOW!!!

Ali just walked back to the bed and climbed under the covers.

"Come on slow poke, let's go!" Ali said, beckoning me with her hands.

I quickly changed into my sweatpants and climbed in the bed after her. It was only 3:00 in the afternoon, but she still looked exhausted.

Ali snuggled up against me. Every part of her body touching mine. Her legs were really smooth. I reach down and gently ran a hand over her ankle and calf. When my hand reached her knee, Ali put her small hand on mine, stopping me.

"Sorry, too much?" I asked.

But I never got a reply. Ali just laced our fingers together and dragged our hands up her thigh. I leaned close to her mouth, wanted so badly to kiss her. Her free hand ran through my short brown hair. When Ali's hand reached the back of my neck, she pushed our faces close together.

"Kiss me." She said.

I closed the gap between us with no hesitation at all.