Chapter Three

Shawn's POV {9:45pm}

Ali and I walked home in the darkness. Only streetlights to guide us. She was curled under my arm and tucked against my side. We walked fast, trying to get home before it was pitch black.

I thought I heard footsteps but then they stopped. Allison stopped suddenly and turned towards me. I tilted my head in confusion. She leaned on her tip toes to kiss me. I let my hands slide down her back to rest on her butt. Allison pressed harder against my body, pushing me to the ground. My back was on the concrete and Ali's body was hot against mine. I tangled my fingers in her hair. My lips parted slightly as I gasped in a breath. Ali took that opportunity to run her tongue over the bottom inside of my lip. Our tongues fought for dominance and my hand pushed up her shirt. Showing the pale skin of her belly. I ran my fingertips up and down the side of her body. Her fingers painfully pulled at my short brown hair.

"Wait wait." I said, pulling away. "What was that for? You do realize we're making out on the sidewalk, right?"

She grinned down at me, still straddling my waist.

"I felt the sudden urge to kiss you. You looked very kissable just now."

I smiled and kissed her on the nose. Allison got up from the ground and offered her hand to help me up. Our fingertips had barely grazed when a black human shaped thing ran past Allison. Hitting her so hard in the head she dropped to the ground like a sack of potatoes. The figure disappeared into the darkened street.

"ALLISON!" I yelled, turning towards her.

Stricken with fear, I pulled Ali into my lap. Her scalp was sticky with blood. It was dripping onto my fingers and soaking her hair; our clothes; and the sidewalk. I let out a gasp of terror that turned into a desperate call for help. I hastily dug my phone from my pocket and dialed my mom.

"Mom mom!! You need to come here now! Ali is hurt and bleeding really bad!!! Please hurry! We're halfway home from the park. Please hurry!!!" I blurted out in full panic mode.

I felt tears slide down my cheeks as I held Ali. Her eyes were shut and she looked a little pale. I brushed a hand over the side of her face not covered in blood.

"Please be okay Allison! I need you! You are my life! I don't know what I would do without you. Please don't die! Please don't go!" I started sobbing and laced my fingers through hers. I heard a car coming down the street and in a few seconds, my mom's red Honda Civic was speeding down the street. I couldn't stop crying and I brushed the hair on her forehead back. My fingers were sticky with blood. Her blood, Allison's blood.

I faintly heard my name being called. My fluttering eyes caught the sight of my mother and father lifting Allison from my lap. Aaliyah was holding about a hundred towels and was standing next to the car. My eyes finally shut as Aaliyah ran towards me, I hit the concrete and sank into unconsciousness.