Chapter Twenty-Seven

A heavy arm weighs on my waist as I stir the following morning. Light slowly pours over my eyes, giving my vision a red tint before I open them.

A soft breath on my neck draws my attention backward, and I turn my head to see Loki sleeping peacefully on the pillow behind me. My eyes widen as I shift slowly onto my back, and my cheeks prickle with color as images flash through my mind—images of what we'd done just a few hours ago. I don't even remember when I managed to fall asleep, amidst the sensuous kissing that ensued after our amorous activities—I'm surprised that things didn't go in that direction a second time.

I lay in bed staring at him for a bit, with his face half sunken into the pillow—his breath fanning my profile. The closeness renders me tempted to lean forward and kiss him, but instead, I slide slowly away from him—trying not to move the bed too much.

I don't get far before a hand grips my wrist tightly, stopping my movement. "And where are you going?" Loki mumbles sleepily, reaching further and taking my waist—pulling me back closer to him.

"Oh hi, I thought I'd let you sleep..." my voice trails off as he pulls me back, until my backside is resting comfortably against his front.

"Hm," he muses quietly in my ear, and I pull the blanket up to my chest as his hand slides down to my hips. "I prefer you here," he murmurs lazily, and I smile as I open up my neck to him—happy to feels his lips against it, just like I'd wanted.

I reach up, sliding my curled fingers against his jaw as he relaxes against me. We lay like that for a few moments, pressing our weights together as his lips trail the length of my neck lazily—intertwining his fingers with the backs of mine above our heads, somewhere in the pillows.

The feel of his smile against my skin kindles a small, intimate flame in me once more. "Good morning, then," I mumble contentedly.

His lips barely manage to come up and graze mine, before I take his shoulder and flip onto him. I kiss him for a bit, enjoying the feeling of our lips moving against each other, while I trail my fingertips down his torso.

"If you're tired, darling," he murmurs with a grin. "There's no need to—"

"Shush," I whisper, before lowering myself onto him again. Loki sighs contentedly, eyelids draping as he relaxes heavily into the pillows. I hold his gaze intently, grinning warmly as I move against him. Slowly, intimately, lovingly... Blissfully.

***

The apartment seems quiet, and I'm the first to sneak into the shower, bringing my clothes with me. By the time I'm out, Loki's made us both two cups of coffee and toast, and is sitting alone at the kitchen island.

"Where is everybody?" I ask as I approach from behind.

Loki holds up a note between his fingers, and I don't see the subtle smirk on his face until I walk around the corner of the island. I furrow a brow as I take the note, and Loki takes a sip of his coffee, keeping his eyes fixed on the book laying on the counter.

Loki, Cerys -

I hope it's not evening by the time you finally read this. We must return home at some point, after all. Preferably sleep at night, as well. !

My face is hot and red by the end of the note. "Oh my god," I set the it down and bury my face in my palms. "Were we loud? I thought we were quiet!?"

"Loud enough, apparently," Loki says, in just about the sassiest tone I've ever heard him take.

"It's not funny!" I explode laughingly.

He nods, smiling broadly. "Oh, I'd say it's quite amusing."

"Oh my god," I walk away from the counter, shaking my head as I laugh.