Chapter Thirty - Eight

The past couple of months with Baydon had been absolutely amazing. He was being so caring and thoughtful, so much so I could feel it in my heart that if he was my mate then my life would be full of happiness and love. We would complete each other.

The weekend following the Alpha's anniversary party he took me out hiking, which I loved, and when we reached the summit of the small mountain we were climbing he tugged on a rope hanging from a tree branch and a picnic basket came swinging down towards us. He had obviously put in a lot of effort with it as it was full of so many of my favourite foods, there were flake chocolates, whipped cream, strawberries, vanilla berry jelly, and fresh pineapple. I knew he had packed it all with me in mind, especially the fruit as he was a renowned junk food addict. We had spent a wonderful afternoon relaxing on the summit, eating, learning more about each other, watching the sunset and, of course, there was a very intense make out session.

Little did I know at the time that it was going to be the beginning of some fantastic dates we would share.

The Wednesday after the hiking trip he took me out fishing, I know most girls wouldn't enjoy this but anything were there is competitiveness and I'm there. Must to Baydon's dismay I caught 4 more fish than he did and they were all bigger than the ones he caught. I guess he was quite competitive as well because shortly after we packed up all the fishing gear he threw me over his shoulder and took a running leap of the end of the pier we had previously been fishing from. Needless to say it also managed to turn into a heated make out session also.

Then there was the weekend he rented us deluxe spa hotel room. We spent the weekend getting massages, lounging by the hotel pool, making out in the spa, eating junk food, watching movies and playing board games. Although not overly adventurous it was such a relaxing time and really what we both needed after the stressful few months we had had since leaving our own pack.

Add in all the movie dates, dinner dates, the afternoon walks around the territory and all the sporting games we watched or participated in and I was quickly realising how fast I could fall for someone. I was almost one hundred percent sure that I was in love with Baydon. The give away sign for me was when I sat down one afternoon and tried to remember the last time I had thought of Blaze. When I realised I hadn't spared him a thought for months I knew that Baydon was the one for me, regards of who the fates thought my mate was, I had no doubt it was meant to be Baydon and there had been some kind of cruel mistake. He had all the qualities I had hoped for in a mate, not to mention he was more than amazing in bed.

Ever since my last pass out episode we had been at 'it' like rabbits as the members of our adoptive pack kept saying. What can I say though, I'm hormonal, he is hot and we are both willing.

My parents had called me earlier today and informed me that Baydon and I were required to attended the wedding and mating ceremony of Blaze and his fiancé Emily. Mum had been quite worried about how I would take the news that Blaze was accepting a new mate, even though I assured her I was fine with it and was actually dating Baydon, she was still worried about what the reaction would be when we returned to our pack. Truth be told, I was ecstatic that Blaze had found someone else, it never would have worked between us. I've heard of she-wolves who have been abused by their mates in the past and the women still forgave then but that's not for me. I had never been the down trodden kind of woman to forgive that kind of behaviour, mate or not it was unforgivable as far as I was concerned.

Which was why tonight I was planning on asking Baydon to mark me and claim me as his mate if he still wanted me. Even though the way we had come to be together was nontraditional, and involved a small level of deception on his behalf he had admitted all his mistakes and never tried to lie about them or pass the blame onto someone else. He had apologised on multiple occasions and they way he treated me had shown that he was indeed sorry for the mistakes he had made. Blaze on the other hand had never apologised, or even made an attempt to say sorry and his actions, well they were the actions of an out of control wolf who wasn't afraid to use force to get what he wanted from his mate.

Baydon was definitely the one I wanted, and tonight would hopefully be the night be joined together mind, body, heart and soul for the rest of our lives.

~

When Roxy asked me to meet her at a nearby motel I was confused. What could possibly be going on that she would need to meet me there? Regardless, after dinner at the pack house I went to meet her and see what the problem may have been. I was clueless to say the least, I didn't think Blaze had found us, I was sure we were safe at our adoptive pack house and the relationship between us had only been getting stronger and more passionate as the days went on.

I found the room Roxy had rented and knocked gently on the door, when her sweet voice whispered 'come in Baydon' I followed instruction. Pushing the door open I could almost feel my eyes bugging out of my head as she stood in the middle of the room to greet me. I'm sure my jaw dropped to the floor as I took all of her in.

She was standing in all her glory, her beautiful black hair was curled and hanging over her shoulders and down her back, and did I detect some new red streaks in there? I believe so. She had on a little make-up, mostly naturally looking, as my eyes trailed down I took in her ample breasts spilling over the top of the bright red and black laced corset she was wearing. It was short enough to expose part of her flat stomach and her navel piercing with a letter B dangling from the jewel placed there. The lower I went the better it got. She was wearing matching booty short underwear so it covered her at the front but part of her butt was on display, not all of it but enough to get me drooling at the surprisingly tanned smooth skin I saw there. To complete the outfit she had on thigh high black see through tights and a pair of bright red high heels.

My excitement could barely be contained as she sauntered her way over and placed a long, passionate kiss on my lips. I was eager to take it further immediately but she stopped me with a brief kiss on the cheek before kissing her way down my neck and then back up to my ear where she whispered those words I never thought she would say.

"Mate me Baydon. I want you to mark me as yours for the world to see."

I didn't need to be asked twice, my lady was asking for me and I was more than happy to oblige.

~

A/N - So ummmmmm an R rated version? If enough people request then I shall attempt one. If not this is all you're getting.

2 Chapters to go + the Epilogue.

I'm excited to finish it and see what you all think, but at the same time a little sad to see it finished.