Chapter Ten

Chapter Ten

I found Anna in the kitchen, talking to some of our pack members. She spotted me heading towards her, and slowly started to make her way towards me. I could feel a few stray tears starting to leak from my eyes, and figured Anna must have noticed them as I watched her rapidly pick up speed. As soon as she was within reach I fell into her arms as I struggled to maintain some control over my emotions. I was desperately trying to cling to any thread of control when I realised I was fighting a battle that I was guaranteed to lose.

I vaguely heard the click of a door lock, and figured Anna must have led me upstairs to a quiet section of the house. I caved, surrendering myself to the over-baring despair that had been swelling up within my heart, mind and soul. I held onto Anna as though my life depended on it and opened the flood-gates of my emotions, drowning both Anna and I in the salty tears of a broken woman.

After a while, I heard Anna sob and realised she was crying with me. She could feel my pain and after ten years of being the closest of friends I had no doubt that, that was exactly what was happening. She could feel my heartbreak. We cried together until we were both empty of tears, and so we continued just to sit together in silence.

"I did it," I hiccupped.

"I know," was all she said before jerking her vision to what I now could recognise as my apple green bedroom door. Seconds later there was a soft rapping coming from the other side. I looked at Anna and panicked at the thought of whom could be out there. I had no idea how many people had seen what had happened and didn't feel like confronting, what I was convinced, was an angry mob bent on spilling blood - my blood, for rejecting the next Alpha. Alpha protects Pack, Pack protects Alpha - it is our way of life.

Anna stood and mouthed 'Frankie' at me before she moved to open the door on my nod.

Anna immediately disappeared from my sight as Frankie smothered her in hugs and kisses, which made my broken heart shatter at the vision of what I would never have.

"Baby, what's wrong? What's happened, I could feel your pain, it was like my heart was breaking", Frankie quizzed her, obviously full of anxiety and worry for his mate. I even noticed a few tears welled up in his eyes - Anna must have been feeling some intense emotion for it to have hit him that hard.

Anna moved from his embrace and dragged him into my room. She relocked the door before lifted her finger, pointing, in my direction. I could sense the feeling of his eyes on me as they reviewed my depressed features before he asked, "You know, don't you? You know who your mate is?" His eyes were filled with understanding and compassion. I nodded, unable to speak as I returned my gaze to the soft orange carpet beneath me.

"So your heart was breaking for Roxy?" he questioned Anna. I heard no response but guessed she must have nodded. Unexpectedly Frankie exploded in a severe burst of outrage.

"That fucking cocksucker. Fucking Baydon convinced him to reject you. That fucking moron. Both of them. I'll knock their fucking lights out. You must feel awful Rox. I feel shattered, and I felt it through Anna who could feel it through you," he stopped his rant as he went to hug Anna and bury his face into her shoulder, to try and relax himself.

"He didn't reject me," I stammered out.

Frankie lifted his head, confusion filling his eyes. "I don't understand. If he didn't reject you, why are you so sad?"

"I rejected him," I stated, I could feel the emotions beginning to numb, it was like I wasn't feeling anything anymore.

"What?!?! Why?!?!" Frankie started to get angry again.

"Anna," was all I said before crawling into my bed, hugging my pillows.

Understanding perfectly, she explained everything that had happened over the last few days.

"You both have to know, I honestly wanted no part in it at all and I refused to help," he pleaded, obviously worried we would turn on him.

"We know babe," Anna responded, hugging him lightly.

They both shuffled over to my bed and perched either side of me protectively.

"I'm just not good enough to be Luna. I don't possess all the qualities," I blurted. I could tell I had shocked both of them.

"In all honesty the only one you need to work on is being feminine. You're stunningly beautiful, the top of every class, extremely powerful, strong and determined, and don't you ever think your not loving and caring. For christ sake you just gave up your mate because you thought it would put your pack in danger if you didn't. You sacrificed yourself for everyone else around you," unexpectedly it was Frankie who voiced all of this, Anna just nodded her head beside him in agreement.

"I don't know," I started to protest before Anna cut me off.

"Don't you dare doubt yourself, I won't let you. You will make the greatest Luna, and you WILL be Luna," she forcefully stated, arms crossed in front of her.

Frankie continued, "Anna is my mate, your her best friend and you guys share an amazing and unique bond all of your own so, by default, you and I have a bond. We are and always will be family to you, not by blood but by love. So your both stuck with me now."

I rolled my eyes slightly at him as Anna punched his arm.

I started to feel myself becoming light headed from exhaustion. Too many emotions today, I thought. I decided to lay down for a quick rest. Before I knew it everything had gone black, and I could no longer think, feel or move.

###############################################################################

Interest seems to be rapidly decreasing in this story =(

If your still with me and you have any suggestions for improvement, things you would like to see happen or just a general comment please leave it below, and while your at it why not vote as well =P. I'll love you forever!!