Prologue

Prologue

As I ran across the school football field, I heard my name being shouted from a distance.

"Roxy."

Oh Goddess, why me, why is it always me?

I thought to myself as I quickly pivoted to face the call and saw a football heading straight towards me. Behind the football, there was a collection of guys and girls running after it frantically. I continued to watch the ball, still running, only now I was running backwards. I swiftly caught the ball in both hands, tucked it under my arm and whirled around, continuing to run from the people after the ball. I crouched down slightly, stuck out my shoulder and barged past a massive guy who had been headed straight for me, murder in his eyes. I didn't even glance back as I knocked him to the ground, focusing on continuing to run as fast as my legs will allow.

Adrenaline started to flood my body as I spotted the end of the field coming, clearly, into my vision. I pushed myself that little bit harder and thought to myself again.

Almost there, don't stop now, you're almost home free.

I slammed the ball down to the ground with my right hand when I reached my destination. Raising my arms above my head in victory right as the buzzer signalled the end of the game. The crowd in the steel towered bleachers go wild, chanting my name while I was engulfed and knocked down by my team mates all of whom had been cheering.

"We won! We won! Rox, you did it again! You're unstoppable."

I began to struggle for breath as everyone slowly started to clamber off me. I laid down, flat on my back, attempting to catch my breath for a few seconds before I threw my legs up in the air and flipped myself to a standing position. I started jumping around with my team mates in excitement that we had won. Again.

I'm Roxanne Lei Spark, femme wolf, and I had just scored the winning points, for the third year running, in our annual mixed football challenge against other wolf schools.

###############################################################################

A/N

Hey, If you're reading this I thank you. I would really appriciate it if you could leave some feedback on what you think of my story so far. I know its only the beginning but I want to know if I should continue on with it.

So I have had a go at editing this chapter - please let me know if you spot something I have missed.

I do realise that my chapters are short and have been told they are to short to consider being a chapter. Well no disrespect but this is my story and I will make it as long or as short as I like.

Thanks guys!!!