Chapter Twenty-Eight

Chapter Twenty - Eight

With a quick glance over my shoulder at the disasterous scene I was leaving behind, I gripped Roxy close to my chest and dashed the last few metres to my car. I placed her carefully in the passenger's seat, reclining the chair back slightly and pulling her seatbelt into place. Anger flooded me as I made my way over to the driver's side, pulling out my phone as I walke. I made a quick call to Alpha Aston to inform him of what had just occurred, but it seemed like Vince had beat me to it. Plans had already been made to collect Blaze and return him to the pack house. Relieved that he wouldn't be following us any time soon, I raced out of the car park and headed to the motel to collect our things.

Grabbing all of our belongings as quickly as possible and shoving it all into the back of the car, I ran over to the office to pay for our stay.

My mind was overloaded as I tried to think of where Roxy and I could go. The fact that for the second time in less than a month we were fleeing from her dramatic, out of control mate was infuriating me to no end. Because of Blaze, Roxy was now unconscious and I'm sure when she woke she would be even more terrified of the jerk than before.

Heading out of town with no destination in mind, I decided to just drive until I felt we were far enough away. 'I'll help you, I'll know when we will be safe.' Even my wold wanted to protect her, and wolves very rarely went against an Alpha. The human side of us could defy the human side of an Alpha, but once the wolves in us got involved there was no chance of disobedience.

Shadows of trees were flying past the car, small snippets of moonlight occassionally making its way through the shadows to light up the otherwise deserted road. Roxy was showing no signs of waking up and I was starting to get really worried about her. As soon as I find somewhere safe to stay I'll find her a doctor, one who can help shed some light on what's going on.

~

Two days I have been driving for, stopping every six hours to have quick naps. The small town I was driving into was going to be where we stopped. There was a small pack here and I hoped they had a doctor here, otherwise I would need to keep driving until I found one. Pulling up the car out the front of a service station, I filled it with fuel and headed in to pay. The scent of werewolf was strong inside the small store, and it appeared to be coming from the store keeper behind the counter.

The man looked to be in his early thirties, his name tag identified him as Ted. I pulled my wallet from my back pocket to pay for the few items and fuel I wanted, and watched as his nostrils flared and his shoulders tensed. He obviously picked up that I am also a were, and that I wasn't from his pack.

"That will be $83.45 thanks. You're not from around here are you?" Ted was looking a little worried that I was on his packs territory.

"No, I'm looking for a doctor for my girlfriend. Do you have one in your pack?" I lowered my voice as I spoke, just in case anyone else was trying to listen in.

Ted regarded me cautiously, looking me up and down before replying, "Yes we do. I can call someone to escort you to the pack houe if you like? As long as you mean no trouble."He was reaching for a phone sitting beside him as he spoke.

"That would be great. I assure you I mean no harm. I just need a doctor to see my girlfriend and assess what is happening to her. She has been unconscious for two days and I don't really know what to do." As I mentioned the length of time Roxy has been out for, Ted lifted his eyebrows in shock.

"I'll call the Alpha now and explain the situation to him."

"Thanks," I stood at the counter munching on the maltesers I had just purchased, waiting for Ted to make his call. After a few minutes Ted mouthed 'name?' to me. 'Baydon Tallon' I mouthed back. He nodded and relayed the name to who I assumed was his Alpha on the other end of the call. 'Who is your Alpha?' he again mouthed a question at me. 'Alpha Aston,' I was getting impatient with being questioned, but understood the need for them, as a security measure and all.