Chapter Twenty-Six

Chapter Twenty-Six

Driving down the highway, I couldn't help but to sneak some glances at the beautiful creature sitting next to me. She was stunningly perfect, from her shiny raven black hair all the way down to her dainty, painted toenails. There was not a flaw to be seen, and she was mine. A grin made it's way onto my face as I thought about the fact that we were now together and currently on our first date. I may have done some nasty things to get to her, but that is what love did to you right? It made you do crazy things. I had no doubt that I was indeed in love with Roxy.

"Where are we going now Baydon?" Even the tinkling in her voice made my heart beat speed up. I had it bad, and I knew it.

"It's a surprise Rox, but you might want to change your shoes. There are some trainers and socks on the back seat." I couldn't wait until we reached our destination, I had put plenty of thought into this date and tried to incorporate as many things into it that I hoped Roxy would enjoy. The ice-cream bar was only the first stop, there was still two more stops on this date.

"Why do I have to change my shoes, will I need to change my clothes too? I don't want to get them dirty." Roxy sounded skepitcal about my footwear replacement request, at least she wasn't completely against it though.

"There is a spare shirt in the back too if you want to change into that but your jeans should be safe. I promise."

"Seriously Baydon, where are we going? Should I be scared?" I snapped my head in her direction, worried that maybe I really was scaring her, but when I saw the beautiful smile lighting up her face I knew she was messing with me.

Making my voice go deep and whispery I replied, "You should be scared little girl, very scared."

She lost it and started laughing hysterically at me, even pointing at me while she laughed. I didn't really think it was worthy of that much laughter, it wasn't really that funny. Maybe she was on a sugar high?

"Me," she pointed to herself. "Scared of you?" Again she pointed at me. "You have got to be kidding yourself, my big squishy teddy bear." You have got to be kidding me, I don't want her to be scared of me but I alwso don't want her to think of me as a big, squishy teddy bear. What a blow to my manly ego.

"I am NOT a big squishy teddy bear. I'm a muscly, well sculptured hunk of manliness. Don't you forget it either." Nodding my head, satisfied that I had correct that disastorious explaination of my appearance I turned the car down the dirt path that would lead us to our destination.

"Sir, yes sir." Roxy, forever the smart arse, saluted me while stamping her foot. Finishing up with the ever enchanting one finger salute when she removed her hand from her forehead.

"Classy Rox, Real classy." I rolled my eyes at her as she tried unsuccessfully to contain her giggles.

"You want a classy lady, go find someone else? If you want someone who will put you in your place and whoop your arse in everything, I'm your girl." She smirked at me, winked and then turned her head to look out the window and take in our surroundings. God damn she is a smart arse, I love the fact that she gave as good as she got. Damsels in distress can go jump, give me this independant, firey she-wolf any day.

"We're here, Rox. You getting changed?" Reaching into the back I grabbed the bag of spare clothes I had bought from the both of us and pulled it into the front seat with us.

"Where is here? And yes I'm changing my shirt, no peeking right." Roxy grabbed the bag and started off by changing her shoes over before looking me in the eyes and telling me to turn around so she could change her top. Doing as she wished I could feel my blood heat at just the thought she was sitting topless next to me.