Chapter Fifteen

Chapter Fifteen

After the doctor had finished giving me a check up she proclaimed that it was safe enough for me to shift back to my human form without sustaining any more injury to myself. Alpha Lucas looked at me expectantly, waiting to see who I was so without further ado I shifted, watching the recognition fill his features.

"Baydon, what on earth happened to you my friend?" He seemed shocked to see me in the condition I had arrived in. Admittedly it was rare for a wolf with Beta blood to be attacked and not come out as the better wolf. Unless they were attacked by an Alpha, obviously.

"Ahhh, run in with Blaze, Alpha, he is doing something I truly don't agree with and I tried to stop him," I figured it was better to start my plan as soon as possible. If what Dr Lachlan had said about Roxy's condition then time was indeed against me.

"He seems like such a level headed lad, what could he be doing that is so wrong?" Curiousity filled his voice as he joined me on the lounge, waiting for an explanation.

"He is getting ancy about not having claimed his mate yet, he believes he never will and is thinking about turning over his Alpha rights to me, but I believe he is the best wolf for the job, not to mention I would like the chance to locate my own mate and bring her to the pack if possible." Trap laid, I thought to myself, hoping Alpha Lucas would take the bait.

"That is interesting. Hmmmmm, I wonder if he would be interested in an arranged mating. My daughter is now seventeen, and her mate was killed by a rogue some months back before he could mark her. I can't leave the pack in her hands if she is unmated, her being alone could eventually lead to her death if she doesn't find a new mate. If Blaze agrees to mate with her, the packs and territories can be joined, creating a huge space for us all to live in peace. I think I need to contact the Elders and see if we can't set something up."

'Yes', I screamed in my head. He took the bait. Hook, line and sinker, and I barely needed to nudge him at all. Alpha Lucas must be worried about his pack being taken over by hostile outsiders when he retires.

"Actually, Sir, that may work. If he mates with your daughter not only will both packs be safer, but it should help calm him down and see reason that he needs to stay on as Alpha."

"Hmmm, is this the reason you came to me after the attack?" He questioned, although he was hardly suspicious which concerned me slightly. How often does a bleeding wolf show up on your doorstep and only an hour later you are discuss arranging a mating between your daughter and another Alpha?

"I thought you may of had some ideas I could try to get him to realise he was making a big mistake. Once you mentioned the arranged mating the idea instantly seemed like the right one. I cannot see a hole in the idea at all. I always knew you were one of the more intelligent Alphas."

"Thanks Baydon, you seem like such a bright young wolf, I'm sure you will go far. I'm going to talk to Emily about her mating with Blaze and if she likes the idea I'll contact the Elders and Blaze's father to set up the blood oath between us."

"You seem very eager to get this mating started, Sir, may I ask why?" I figured I should question him a little bit so I didn't come off as suspicious if this conversation came up at a later date.