Chapter Twenty-Two

Chapter Twenty - Two

It had been a couple of days and I was still being kept in the prison room. I had eventually gained some control over my wolf although he was still popping out on occasion. Dad had been visiting me several times a day to see if how I was going and to bring me food and drink. He was the only one permitted in to see me until he deemed it safe enough for others to come in. Obviously he was worried I would lose control and attack someone else which I could understand now that I had had time to thunk about my actions of the last few days.

The door of the room creaked open and I sat up straighter to greet my father.   

"Hey Dad, whats happening today?" I asked, trying to appear offhand but secretly hoping today would be the day I could get out.

  "Blaze, do you remember Alpha Lucas from the neighboring pack?" that seemed like a bit of a random question to start the conversation with.  

"Yeah?" I dragged out my answer, making it sound like a question in the end.     "Well he is here, we both wish to talk to you. Do you think you can maintain control so we can do this?" Dad seemed a little off in the way he was talking to me. I couldn't put my finger on what, he just didn't seem like himself.

  "I think I got him in control now dad, is Alpha Lucas coming in here or am I actually going to be let out?"     "You can come out, we will be meeting him in my office. Are you ready to go now?" Dad was fidgeting as he spoke which had me instantly worried.  

" Why is Alpha Lucas here? Are we under attack or something? Why are you fidgeting?"   

"Everything will be discussed when we are all together, come on son. It's time to go see Alpha Lucas" He walked out the door, pausing in the doorway, waiting for me to follow.  

'Go. Hurry up.' My wolf growled in my mind.  

'Shut up you,' I replied without hesitation. He had caused enough problems for me already and I really didn't need to be hearing his voice right now.   

Dad and I walked silently to his office to see Alpha Lucas sitting patiently in an armchair awaiting our arrival.  

"Ahhh Blaze. It's good to see you out and about. I'm not sure what your father has told you about our meeting today but I wanted to be here in person when you heard the news." Excitement filled the Alpha's voice as he spoke, his eyes lighting up in happiness at whatever this news was.  

"Well it must be big news for me to be here with the two if you. Hit me with it straight, don't mess around the bush. I need to know what we are dealing with here." I was certain there must have been a threat somewhere nearby and we were joining packs. Nothing else I could think of would warrant the attention of two neighboring Alpha's and myself.  

"Alright Blaze. Sit down and we will tell you what's going on," Dad waited for me to sit in one of the armchairs before continuing. " Alpha Lucas and I have decided that it is in the best interest of both our packs to unite as one when you take over leadership,"  

I interrupted, "I knew it. What's the threat? Is it hunters?"  

Alpha Lucas and dad shared a confused look with each other before Alpha Lucas responded.  

"As you know my pack is only small and my daughter and her mate were set to take over leadership when they came of age. Sadly my daughters mate has passed on and I don't believe she can lead at such a young age on her own." He stopped there as though he were finished his explanation.  

"So with the blessing of the two Alpha's of the packs involved and the elders we have come to an agreement to merge packs," Dad continued on, he seemed to be getting slightly more nervous as the conversation continued. For the life of me I couldn't understand why, it was a good thing we were merging, wasn't it?  

Dad took a deep breath and rubbed his hands over his face as he continued, " You and Emily, Alpha Lucas' daughter, will be mated in a few months at a formal ceremony to join the packs and have everyone fall under your direction." Dad's shoulders slumped as he finished this but I couldn't have cared less at that moment.  

"We are going to WHAT?" Anger filled my voice as it echoed around the room.  

"Blaze, you need to be mated before your wolf and hormones take over. I can't risk you being so out of control any longer. Your behavior these last few days as proved difficult to say the least. You tried to force a mating on someone for Christ sake and you have barely contained control over your wolf. Mating will calm your wolf and allow you full control over yourself with your mate near by."  

Fury filled my every thought. How dare they? Forcing me to mate with some bitch rather than my beautiful Roxy. It was ludicrous and absurd. I refused to be forced into this, they would just have to find another way because I wasn't going to play there game.  

"Roxy is my mate. No one else. No one else will ever replace her and she  WILL take her place by my side when I become Alpha, it is her duty as my Luna to do so." Growls were erupting from mouth as I struggled to speak my words calmly.  

"It has all been approved by the Elders. You WILL mate Emily, and leave Roxy to live her life. Don't you think you tormented the girl enough on we birthday? You will be mated in the next 6 months Blaze - to Emily, and that is final. Roxy deserves to be with someone who doesn't terrify her and try to force themselves on her."  

That did it. The thought of Roxy being with anyone but me filled me with a white hot rage as I began the seemingly never ending battle to reign in my madder than hell wolf.  

"Blaze? You alright there son?" Worry filled my father's voice as I struggled within myself.  

"Mine!" was all that escaped my lips as I admitted defeat and took a backseat to the crazed wolf now controlling my body.  

"Aaawwww shit, Lucas, we lost him. His wolf is in control again." The voice around me seemed far off and muffled as my point of view changed and I felt the faint changes in my body and my wolf shifted into it's natural form and landed on all fours.  

Leaning back on my haunches, an angry howl echoed in my ears, followed by an aggressive growl as I felt rather than saw, my body charging towards the closed window of the office and launching out through the glass.  

' Don't  you worry, we will find her and she will be ours. Whether she likes it or not.' My wolf growled internally as he took off at a sprint to the nearest line of trees.  

This was bad. Really bad. And there was nothing I could do about it. My wolf was obviously a lot stronger mentally than I was.  

And he was determined to claim his mate.    

~~~~~~~~~   A/N Would love to know what you guys think of this chapter. It took me a while to get it out. I struggled big time with writer's block.   Thanks for reading guys.