Chapter Thirty

Chapter Thirty

My eyes were stinging and my temples ached, all signs of the fact that I had barely slept during that last couple of weeks. When I wasn't contributing to the pack duties that they needed help with, I was sitting beside Roxy's bed in the medical room.

Currently I was holding her hand between both of my hands, silently wishing for her to wake-up. It had been two weeks and the only change in her had been her hert rate returning to its regualr pace. After the first few days of being here, the Alpha and Doctor had stopped trying to get me to leave Roxy's side. On the rare occassion that I did sleep it was always short and uncomfortable, sitting upright in the chair beide Roxy, never letting go of her hand.

'Please, please let Roxy wake up soon. I will never ask you for anything again, Goddess. Just please wake her up and bring her back to me.' I felt like praying to the Moon Goddess was my last hope. She was supposed to watch over and protect all of the werewolves.

A knock interrupted my thoughts and I mumbled an almost incoherent, "Come in," as I slightly shifted my body to include the door in my vision. Sampson, one of the guys who had acted as an escort when we first arrived, was standing in the doorway looking between Roxy and I.

"Hey man, any change in Roxy today?" Sampson and I had formed a solid friendship over the past two weeks. His twin sister had gone through the same thing Roxy was going through now. It took her three months to accept her mate, so he could relate to what I was going through, although he said said his sister had never been this bad.

"Nah, nothing. Not a movement or a sound." I sighed, it was really getting to me. I had logged into Roxy's online lessons and explained to her teacher what was going on so she could be excused until she was better. Roxy, I'm sure, would appriciate that as I knew it was something that was important to her, but that has been the only productive thing I have done during the fortnight.

"I'm sure she will wake up soon, anyway, Alpha Dave sent me to get you. He is up in the study. Want me to stay with Roxy until you get back?"

"Yeah, thanks Sampson. I'll be as quick as I can." Standing and headng out of the room, I clapped Sampson on the back before climbing the stiars to the second floor study.

The door was open and the Alpha was pacing the floor, which instantly had me worried. He clasped his hands together when he spotted me.

"Oh good, Baydon, you're here. How is Roxy today?" Alpha Dave had been concerned about Roxy since we had arrived. I think it was because his daughter was around the same age, and he missed her during the week while she was away at bording school.

"No change today Alpha, I'm hoping it won't be much longer, these past two weeks have been hell." I flopped down on the nearby arm chair, exhaustion taking over my body.

"That's what I wanted to talk to you about Baydon. Doctor Evelyn and I are both really worried about you. You're not eating or sleeping and you are still contributing to your share of the pack duties. We know you won't leave Roxy so we have spoken to the other pack members and have decided that you are relieved of pack duties until Roxy wakes up. You need to look after yourself Baydon." The whole time Alpha Dave was talking he was using a 'no nonsense, don't argue with me' tone. He didn't seem to enjoy using his commanding Alpha voice.

"Thank you Alpha, but I really must decline. I need to pull my weight around - " A scream from downstairs cut me off. I know that scream.

"Fuck, that's Roxy." running out of the room as quickly as I could, I could hear the Alpha jogging behind me.

"Baydon, you need to get down here. Roxy is freaking out man," Sampson was yelling as I jumped down the stiars and tore into her room. Sampson, Alpha Dave and Doctor Evelyn were right behindme.