Chapter Thirty - Five

I stood outside in the rain, my black suit was getting drenched and the single red rose I held was drooping from the weight of the raindrops landing on it's delicate petals. The weather couldn't have been any more predictable if it tried. Of course today, of all days, it would be raining.

All the planning that had gone into making today something memorable, was being washed away, as the torrent of rain fell heavily from the grey skies. Standing around me in the rain were many others dressed in black suits, holding flowers of many different types and colours, all shivering as they too were soaked by the crying clouds above. We were all facing the same direction, watching and waiting, anticipation of the event to come eating away at us. I had never had to do something quite like this, and to say I was scared would be very true.

At the same time a clap of thunder boomed all around us, the door we had been staring at swung open and hit the wall behind it. Out walked the women we had been waiting on, old and young, tall and short, mated and unmated, all dressed in long flowing dresses and made up to look like models. After the first four women had come out and linked arms with their partners and made a mad dash for the cars awaiting us, I saw her. The sleek silver dress clung to her curves making my mouth water, her shiny black hair was twisted around the sides of her head and left to flow freely over her shoulders and down her back. The soft pink lips that turned up into a smile when she spotted me drooling at the sight of her and the giggle that escaped those lips when I unsuccessfully tried to move towards her, both drove me wild. She took my breath away, I'm sure she always would.

"Baydon, you ready to go? It's raining and I'm getting cold." When she had moved to standing in front of me I have no idea, I could barely focus on any thought besides taking her back in the house and seeing how that dress looked on the floor. I felt a soft tug on my arm as she led me towards the car waiting for us.

"Shit, this is for you." I handed my droopy red rose to the angel before me, and smiled proudly as she smelt it and somehow managed to twine it into her hair. "You look absolutely beautiful, not that you don't always look beautiful, but wow." I felt as though I was rambling as I watched Roxy lift an eyebrow at me in confusion.

"Thank you Baydon. You are looking quite handsome yourself you know. I was just wondering how that suit would look thrown all over our room." At her confession her cheeks shifted to a slight pink colour.

"I was thinking the same thing about your dress. Want to go see?" I wiggled my eyebrows in Roxy's direction.

She slapped me lightly on the arm, "You know we can't. We have to at least make an appearance at the Alpha's wedding anniversary party. Maybe later stud, if you play your cards right." The vixen winked at me as she said this before gently rubbing her perky little arse across the front of my pants and climbing into the car waiting to take us to the party.

After her incident around six weeks ago we had sat down and had a little talk. The doctor had said she passed out because of the added stress of fighting with me all the time, not to mention all the sexual frustration she was keeping bottled up inside, so now we were on. The first time Roxy was so nervous about my wolf breaking out and marking her that she barely enjoyed it at all, but the second, third, and forth time that night, well let's just say her screaming my name was the second sexiest thing I had ever seen. The sexiest thing being when she took charge.

I could feel my 'friend' slowly rising at my thoughts so I turned my mind to gross things like old ladies underwear and dog poop trying to stop the blood rushing below.

"Thinking about me again?" Roxy sounded so sure of herself, she knew the power she held over me. She knew how I felt about her, the way I loved her so passionately. As soon as she had woken from her 'shutting down' spell I had told her. Sixteen days she was asleep for this time, it killed me to see her that way and to think that if she didn't wake up the last thing she would have heard from me were those nasty words I refused to even think about now.

After I had confessed my love to her, Roxy had told me her thoughts on our relationship. She knew that the things I had said were true, and thankfully she understood that a guy can do crazy, selfish things to get the one he wants. Although she had never planned to reject her mate, even though she had no idea who it was in the beginning, the way Blaze had acted towards her was what had cemented her decision. Roxy had told me that at the beginning there had been a chance she would still accept him, but when he disrespected her wishes and tried to force his mark on her that chance flew out the window. She could never be with someone who was so out of control of their wolf, not to mention the extreme disrespect she had felt when he ignored what she wanted. Her exact words had been, “If he was that forceful from the start what would have happened later on in life if I disagreed with him? Would he lose control and attack me again? I refuse to be with someone I would have lived in fear of.”

When she had put it like that I could see why she was so determined not to go back to him. Things may have been different if she didn’t reject him in the first place, which I took a lot of responsibility for, but then who’s to say that at the first disagree they had, he wouldn’t lose control and lash out at her?

My thoughts had occupied my mind for the whole trip to the recreation club, and as I looked up at the beautiful girl waiting for me to step out of the car I knew this was the way things were supposed to be. Roxy and I, together and enjoying life.

“Come on stud, the sooner we get to the party the sooner we can leave and see what our clothes look like thrown together on the floor.” I let out a groan at the image my mind made, she was torturing me and she knew it judging from the smug look on her face.

“Keep talking like that and we won’t even make it home, I’ll take you in the parking lot if I have to.” Her smugness turned to shock as I stared her down with the most serious expression I could muster. To my surprise, her shocked face morphed into a look full of lust as she lifted an eyebrow at me and pouted her lips ever so slightly.

“Maybe I’ll want it in the parking lot Stud,” the passion and lust that laced those few words almost had me begging to take her home now. She was messing with me, and she was messing with me bad. Roxy stood in front of me, hands on her hips with the left one cocked out slightly, head barely tilted to the side as she trailed her eyes up and down my body slowly, biting on the bottom corner of her lips as she finished checking me out. “I would definitely let you take me in the parking lot, big boy.”

I couldn’t help it this time, a groan ripped its way from my throat as I reached out to grab her. My fingers wrapped around thin air though as she quickly moved out of my grasp and started heading towards the large entrance doors, joining all the other pack members making their way to the formal event. During the whole time she was messing with me I had completely forgotten that there would have been other people around watching our interaction. Damn Roxy and the way she made me feel, she made me feel so happy, complete, and when I was with her it was so easy to forget that the rest of the world existed.

After four hours attending the anniversary party for the Alpha I decided we had been there long enough and it was time to take my stunning goddess home. We bid our good-byes to everyone and again congratulated the Alpha and Luna on their anniversary before walking through the front doors and hailing a taxi to take us home. We barely made it into our room before there were clothes flying everywhere.

And the night only got better from there.

~

A/N - I know this is short, this and the next couple of chapters will be short as they are mostly fillers. The story is almost over I have 7 more uploads to make and 4 of those are already written so it should be completed in the next couple of weeks if I get stuck into it.

Would love to know what you are all thinking about this