Chapter Thirty - One

A few weeks have passed since my conversation with Doctor Rosemary, and I still haven't found a way to tell Roxy what I have discovered. Fear of rejection was preventing me from asking Roxy to accept me as her mate. Even though our relationship had been growing stronger and more loving every day, I still wasn't sure exactly how she felt about me.

Thankfully she hadn't had another episode in the passing weeks, I don't know what if I could have handled it if she started slipping away from me again. She had spent a lot of her time catching up on missed assignments from both her online course and high school. Our teachers had been emailing us the work we needed, under the instructions of our Alpha, although I don't think they knew the real reason why we were unable to attend classes.

The rest of the time she divided between me, making friends with members of Alpha Dave's pack (we had been made unofficial pack members), and making her contribution to the pack society. Roxy had elected to watch all the younger children of the pack from the time they finished school until their parent arrived home from work. She read them stories, helped them with their homework and conducted an half hour fitness class every afternoon. She claimed it was for practical knowledge for her teaching course, but I knew it was something personally important to her from the way her eyes sparkled when the kids started arriving home from school.

On the weekends we had been out exploring the area, finding some truly fascinating locations. Although this pack was considered small in number, their territory expanded over quite a large space. There was a small cinema in town as well as a gaming arcade that we frequented almost every Friday with the rest of the teens in the pack. The weekends though, that was when we were in our element. Saturday's we would head out for a run, usually competing with each other, before we went swimming in a river than ran through the land. When we returned to the pack house in the afternoons we would usually start some kind of ball game that everyone would eventually join in on.

Yesterday it had been football and somehow it had managed to end up as girls versus boys. Shamefully, the girls had won, although they had played dirty. Anytime a mated male would get the ball his mate would walk up to him, flutter her eye lashes, pout and ask in a seductive tone, 'Baby, can I have that please?' Every time the male would crumble and hand over the ball with a goofy grin on his face. The unmated mates were targeted by the single females as well. The girls would stand in front of the guys and rub their hands up and down their bodies lustfully, the guys would be so distracted they just let the females run straight past them and score.

Roxy had been gloating about it all day, especially because whenever she asked me for the ball, I would always hand it over. Even though I tried not to, one look into her beautiful eyes and I would crumble, swearing to move heaven and earth to get her what she wanted.

Rather than us being out exploring the wilderness, like we usually do on Sunday's, we were both getting ready for our date. Actually it was more like a pack outing seeings how everyone was going, but I was choosing to look at it like a date. A travelling circus had arrived in town overnight and the whole pack had been so excited that we immediately booked out half of the big top for the main show.

The pack had decided to meet outside at noon to head out to the circus. This was a huge event, with freak shows, circus acts, win-a-prize games, petting zoo and rides. We were all pretty excited for a big day out. I checked the watch I was wearing, seeing it was five minutes until noon, I guided my sunglasses onto my face and headed outside to wait for everyone.

Once everyone was collected outside, we split up into groups and climbed into our various vehicles. I was driving my car and had Roxy, Doctor Evelyn, Izzy and Damon with me. Izzy and Damon are Alpha Dave's kids and they had both taken a real shine to Roxy. Izzy talked to Roxy about boys, a lot, as I supposed any fifteen year old girl would. I usually found it difficult to be around Izzy as she stirred up emotions in me that I didn't want to feel. Damon, I think, has a bit of a crush on my Roxy. The ten year old was always around her whenever he could be, and he looked at her like she was a mountain of the world's best lollies.