T H I R T E E N

Early To Rise

I open my eyes to my annoying alarm. jeez why do I feel so tired. I realize I wasn't in my bed and I was at my PC.

I must have been playing games again.

I get up and start changing and get ready for school.

I open my door and something hit me-- Laurence wasn't up. He usually comes and check on me in the morning.

I knock on his door.

"Laurence?" I call out. No answer. I slowly open it and see Laurence laying in his bed. Did he over sleep? "Laurence!" I yell

"Uhg, Y/N what are you doing?" Laurence said rubbing his eyes.

"It's time for school" I said stating the obvious.

"It's not even 7" Laurence said getting comfortable in his bed once again.

"What do you mean it's not 7?!"

"Check my phone.... z. zzzzzzzz" Then he started fake snoring. I check his phone and sure enough it was 6:30. I groan I must have set my alarm early.

You see, I'm one of those people who can get out of bed, yet can't go back to bed once woken up.

I can't believe I'm saying this but, I'll just go to school early. it's not like I want to stick around this house anyways.

I let out a sigh and walk myself out of his room. I close the door behind me and walk to my room. I was just going to leave for Laurence since he's too tired for anything right now. I smile to myself and grab a post it and a marker.

Went to school early. Don't worry about me!
-Y/N

I place it on my door and grab my backpack.  I then put on my shoes and head on out locking the door behind me.

I look up at the sky and see that it's partially sunset which was beautiful.

"Are you just going to stand there like an idiot" I look away and at the person whose spoke to me. Zane.

"No, I was just admiring something" I say crossing my arms.

"Tch" He said walking towards me, "why are you here?" He asked

"I woke up early and I couldn't go back to sleep" Look I'm not that crabby, plus he was helping me out with Laurence and Garroth.

We both started walking to school. "So what were Garroth and Laurence fighting about?"It I asked. It was getting awkward and I was really curious. Both garroth and laurence seem to be hiding their little argument with me.

I look at Zane whos taking a long time to answer. "Zane?"

"How bad do you need the information?"

".... Just tell me Zane" He totally wants something in return! To think let my guard down too.

"Well, you can do me this favor, since I did help you from Gene. And I will tell you about garroth and laurence" Zane's eye contact never fazed. His speech was on point. it's like he was acting as a hostage negotiator.

"What's the favor" I asked

"Well I'm sure you're aware of the Shadow Knights" My eyes widen. Wait Gene... He was that leader of that little group thing.

"I can't get involved with them! You saw what he did last time"

"Which is why if you get involved he won't hurt you" Zane said as a matter of a factly

Hmph.

"... Do you not even care for your own brother? He's always looking out for you. He's like the best brother you could have"

He paused, and when he paused, he stopped walking. I've never felt this kind of tone from him but never less he said.

"People aren't what they seem"He said slowly and tilted his head to look at the ground.

"... Y-Yea... " was what I let out. All I could think of was hayden. Heh, people think he's a great dad but... I mean he's... um..

"What do you mean Yea?" Zane said mockingly

"I can relate"

"Tch. As if"

There was an awkward silence between us.

"You live in a perfect home, with a perfect brother and sister and father, and have perfect friends as well" I laugh. Half of what he said was a lie.

"You're funny if you think that." He looked. confused.

"But it just looks-

"Unless you're me, you don't know what my lifestyle is. You don't know my struggles, my problems. So stay out of it because it's none of your buissness Zane. And I swear to Irene of you don't tell me what's bothering Laurence and Garroth... " I look down and clench my fist.

"You really care for him... " I hear Zane murmer.

"What's that supposed to mean. " I spat.

"It means we've arrived at school" I look ahead and sure enough we were here.

I stop walking as Zane continues walking ahead.

I look up at the. School then down at Zane.

Why do I feel so obligated to know what their argument was about? I shrugged and walked after Zane to catchup.

A/N - N/A
↫↫↫↫↫ Ev ↬↬↬↬↬