S I X

High Priest

I nervously walk home. My step dad, Hayden, was supposedly to come home today.

Why I'm worrying? Tch, you'll. see.

I grab my keys and unlock the door and step inside closing the door the be hind me. 

I take a look around. Hm.. No one home-

"Playing soccer.." I hear Laurence's voice. I look at the direction it came from and see the kitchen light turned on. I walk to the kitchen and see Laurence looking up at Hayden. 

"Y/N, you're here" I gulp and slowly nodded. "And why are you late?" My eyes widened. I couldn't think of an excuse. I open my mouth but instead Laurence's voice was heard. 

"I went to check in on her after school, and she was talking to one of her teachers about an assignment" He said quickly. Hayden raised an eyebrow he looked at me and asked.

"Is this true?" I nod. "Can you answer me instead of nodding" 

"It's true" I blurt out. I could tell he had suspicions. 

"Well, you both are dismissed. Oh and not a word--" He started

"To your sister" I mumble under my breath. And apparently Hayden has super hearing because he grabbed both my wrist and looked at me.  

"Excuse me young lady?" He growled. I felt my heart beat fast as the door opens and Cadenza comes in. 

"I'm home--!" She says as she looks at the scene Hayden had created. "What are you doing" She asked. Hayden quickly let me go.

"I was showing Y/N a magic trick. Hey, how was you design class?" He asked as he shut the door behind Cadenza. 

"it was great! The kids their were pretty nice, and the teacher is really funny! But she gave us homework" She said as she smiled and started walking towards the stairs. "Speaking of homework, I have a lot" She said as she headed up the stairs and into her room. 

"This conversation isn't over young lady " Hayden said glaring at me. "Oh and you can forget about dinner tonight" He said as he ushered Laurence and I out the door. I let out a sigh.

"It's not you Y/N it's--" Laurence started, but I turned around and hugged him. He hugged me back. "things will be better, I promise"

"thanks Laurence..."

.

.

.

.

It was late, at least one am in the morning. Everyone is dead asleep. I jump out my bed and sprint out to my battle station! I put my headset on, and turn on my PC.

I set up my game, POW, and am spawned into the world. I start doing my rounds and taking on quests when an item spawned in. My eyes widen as I smirked.

I was near this item, and I walked over to it, but as soon as I did I saw another figure. I read their username. High Priest.

What kind of username was that? Tch... I look on the leader board, and apparently he's number five. Odd, moving up the ranks quickly....

High Priest: Well, well, well... if it isn't Username_Unknown?

Me: Well, well, well, if it isn't the noob who plays in his mother's basement.

I look at their avatar. They had a white robe with a cross on them. Their black hair covered a good portion of their face. And they also had a hood that covers their eyes. A very interesting avatar. I could tell this person cared about what they looked like.

High Priest: I suppose we both want this item?

Me:No. Just me.

I run towards the item and the avatar starts sprinting as well. I grab it and take my sword out while the High Priest take his sword out.

Me: I suppose I feel a bit bad. So here you can have it.

I drop a copy of the item on the ground and set a trap without him realizing.

I walk away and I hear the trap go off. I turn around.

High Priest: Traps are so stupid.

Me:Not as stupid as you clearly.

I type before logging off. I let out a yawn as I look at my bed. Gosh... it does it look cozy. I stumble towards it and collapse on it, grabbing my pillow, and I slowly drift asleep.