6

Chapter Six

Eric Johnson Jr

" How do y'all feel about Makena ? " My dad asked my brothers and I as we made it back home from eating dinner with Kaia and her mama .

I was happy that he was in a relationship with Kaia's mom because that meant I get to live with my best friend and I just knew that when we did move in together it was going to be lit .

" She's cool , I just think you need to talk to her about marriage and moving in together she seemed like she was a little off when you brought all of that up , not saying that she don't fuck with you like that I can tell she love you but I don't think she's up for that " Manny was the first to speak and I nodded because I noticed that too .

" Makena just has her guard up and it's hard to get her to fully trust me . Her last nigga was living a double life and she's scared that i'd cheat on her like he did and me being out of town a lot doesn't help " He admitted .

" Well I can't blame her pops , I mean we all the same age and got different mamas I wouldn't trust your ass either " Eddie said causing all of us to share a laugh.

" Shut your black ass up , that was in my young days all that fucking with different girls is played out now and me being the nigga I am hoes always come with a motive that's why I fuck with Makena so much because she has her own money she don't need me for shit so I know she love me for me and not my money " He said.

" Yeah we don't need a gold digger for a step mama " Eddie said and I chuckled that nigga could never be serious about anything I swear.

" and I need to ask you something serious " My dad said looking at me .

" What's up ? " I asked .

" You fuck with Kaia ? I know you said y'all best friends but y'all was close as hell during dinner and I noticed how y'all was eating off each other plates and shit " He asked and I laughed . People always think that boys and girls can't be friends without messing around .

" Nah that's my best friend we just got a close relationship, I would never mess with kaia on that level even before tonight " I said .

" I would " Eddie said and me and my daddy both side eyed him .

" Nigga you nasty that's basically our sister now " Manny said.

" Well duh she off limits now but if pops wasn't fucking with her mom's and she gave me the chance I would fuck with her , she fine as hell " he admitted .

" Ima make sure when we move in together that your room is the farthest away from her " My daddy said and we all laughed . " Aiight go y'all asses to sleep y'all got school in the morning , love you lil niggas " He said .

" Love you to pops " We all said as we made out way to our rooms .

Our father was our only parent and if you asked me he did a good job . He wasn't strict and we could be ourself around him , we could talk to him about anything and he was supportive of everything we did .

He was away on business a lot but if we needed him he would drop everything and be there for us. I remember one time he was in California about to secure a business deal for thousands of dollar and Manny called him because it was his championship game and he said fuck the money and caught the first flight to Atlanta to make sure he was here for the game.