2

Chapter Two
Cassius King

I walked into my fathers mansion bypassing all of his maids and butlers making my way into his home office . " You wanted to see me ? " I asked as I stepped foot in the room and stood by the door . I didn't plan on being there long since because I had things to do .

" We're leaving tomorrow morning to meet up with the Jamaican Cartel " He said causing me to smack my teeth . He knew damn well that I had plans for the weekend .

" You know it's my sister's birthday weekend " I said even though I knew he wouldn't care . My father missed out on so many birthdays and important events because his business was always more important.

He was one of those dads that was there for you financially but absent when it came to everything else .

" I thought her party was tonight ? " He questioned.

" It is but she has other stuff going on the rest of the weekend too " I explained.

" Look Cassius I understand how you feel about your little sister but what's more important? Your sisters sixteen birthday or going to Jamaica to secure a deal with one of the most powerful carter's leaders ? " He asked trying to get into my head but I wasn't like him I wasn't money hungry nor was I trying to be a drug lord .

" You know the answer to that " I said .

" Look Cassius , if you wanna run this business in a few years you have to make sacrifices. You're not gonna be able to make every birthday party or every graduation but it'll all be worth it in the end " He said .

" See that's the thing I don't wanna run this stupid ass drug business " I snapped.

My father was the son of Desmond King , a legendary drug lord . The stories of how he and my great uncle took over the drug world in the south was legendary .

To my father I should've been lucky to have been born in this family and was in the heir to the infamous kings organization but being a kingpin wasn't my dreams .

I was in college majoring in computer engineering .

I may have not looked like it but I was a smart ass nigga and I graduated high school with honors . I was almost in the top ten of my class but I got suspended during exam week meaning I couldn't take my finals causing my straight A's to go B's and C's taking my gpa from a 4.0 to a 3.5 .

I have dreams bigger than being a hood nigga because I didn't want to have to risk my life and freedom everyday . I wanted to live a normal comfortable life and the only reason I was even dealing with drugs right now is because I had bills and I had a little sister to take care of.

" You have no choice it's in your blood " He snapped trying to force it on me . I had an older brother and cousins who would gladly take over the business but my father kept trying to force it on me for whatever reason .

" Give it to Cody , he's older than me and he wants it I don't get why you're trying to force that burden on me " I fussed .

" You think ima give Cody's junkie ass my business so he can run it down the drain ? You're the smartest son I have and I know with you it'll be in good hands while you're brother only wants it for the rush of it  " He said.