37

Chapter Thirty Seven

" Is Cassius going with you to homecoming ? " Makena asked Kaia as they sat at the nail shop getting pedicures together . Her homecoming dance was that night and her mom decided to accompany her to get her nails and toes did to spend some quality mother daughter time with her .

The two hadn't been spending as much time as they usually did because Makena was so busy with work and Kaia was always off with Cassius or one of her friends .

" No ... he hasn't mentioned it but I don't rally mind him not offering to come with me he probably feels like he's too old for a high school dance " Kaia said. Cassius graduated five years ago so Kaia knew that most likely wasn't his scene anymore .

" So who are you going to be with tonight ? " She asked .

" Well me and all of my friends are going together as a group . All of us are single so I guess we'll all dance together " She said .

" I thought Eddie and Icesis were together ? " She questioned .

" Dang mama you really been out of the loop " Kaia said. She usually kept her mom up to date with all of the latest drama and tea but with her being gone she missed out on a lot . " They stopped talking because Icesis got mad at everybody because Cassius went to her house to beat up Logan for kissing me and she claims Eddie jumped in but he really just refrained Logan from hitting him because they were jumping him .. me and her stopped talking for a few days too over that "

" Cassius ass is crazy " Makena laughed .

" Yeah but I like it .. he don't play about me " Kaia smiled to herself .

" I didn't really like the idea of y'all two at first but I gotta admit y'all kind of cute or whatever " Makena said causing Kaia to smile again.

" I'm glad you like him ma .. I know I was being a brat about it at first and I apologize again for how I was acting with you but i'm happy that you're ok with us and that you like him cause that means everything to me "

" I know " Makena said .

For the next two hours they sat in all the all in one beauty salon and got their nails and toes did  . When they walked out Kaia frowned when she saw she had an envelope sitting on her windshield.

She grabbed it and opened it thinking it was a ticket but got confused when she saw it was pictures of a girl with her face all beaten up and note that said - be careful dealing with cassius this is what happens when he snaps.

" What that's ? " Her mom asked .

" Nothing " Kaia said irritated as she unlocked the door and got in the car. Her mom could tell she was upset by her body language.

" What's wrong ? " She asked Kaia .

" nothing " she said again and Makena decided to let it go seeing that she didn't want to talk about it . When she pulled up infront of their house she stayed in the car . " i'm coming right back ma .. I have to make a quick stop " She said .

" Kaia .. Tasha is coming to do your hair and makeup inna few " Her mom said .

" and i'll be back by then " She said .

" Ok " Her mom said as got out of the car. As soon as her mom got inside she sped off and drove to Cassius place . When she made it there she started beating on his door like she was the police .

" Why the fuck you knocking like a crazy person ?"  Cassius questioned as he pulled the door open for her . She pushed past him into the house. " what is wrong with you ? "