More than a Best Friend

It was finally September 1st and you were over the moon of what the day held in store - not only did you get to see your favorite band in the world, but also got to (what you thought was discreetly) meet one of your online best friends and person you'd had a crush on for a while that was coincidentally the lead singer of said band. <--- holy run on sentence  

You'd just got off work and it was time to get ready. You chose to do a wavy hair style with an adorable beige sweater with a floral skirt (Tyler did have his famous floral kimono after all). Underneath it you wore black thigh high socks, with black books. It was freaking C U T E .

You decided to take a picture of it and send it to Tyler- hoping that maybe if he saw you in the crowd, and within seeing your outfit, he'd know it was you.

You: Outfit for the show tonight :)

Tyler: Wow, you look amazing - I love the skirt lol

You: thanks <3 I chose a floral look 'cause I know Tyler has his cool kimono he always wears during the show. It has flowers on it too

Tyler: You really like Twenty One Pilots don't you?

You: I love them. They mean everything to me.

Tyler: Well...I'm glad you found music that can do that for you. I'm sure they appreciate you just as much.

You: You think so?

Tyler: I know so.

Your cheeks flushed red at the thought of knowing you meant as much as a fan to them as they meant to you. It really lit up your world in more ways than one. You couldn't wait to see them perform tonight and hope to meet Bath even though the chances were zero to none.

Tyler: where are your seats at?

You: Floor

Tyler: oh wow, really?

You: Yeah, Noah really outdid himself this time

Tyler: You'll have to show me how close you get and take pictures

You: For sure! I'll call you at the end of the night :)

Tyler: I look forward to it...right now I gtg, I'll ttyl

Setting down his phone, Tyler sprang out of his seat backstage and ran to Josh and Debby telling them you'd be at the show tonight.

"Oh how exciting!!!" Debby cheered.

"You finally gonna meet her?" Josh asked, a smiling forming on his lips.

"I really want to," Tyler began, "but I don't know how I'm supposed to do that. She says she loves us so much, which means both me AND you, Josh."

"So what are you getting at?" Josh asked.

"Debby, I need your help. You're always in the crowd cheering us on and dancing...I need you to try and locate Y/N in the audience and get her backstage. Please, for me." Tyler begged.

Debby smirked, pretending to think as if she was actually contemplating doing such a thing for her soon-to-be-husband's best friend. "I mean I guess," she joked.

"Seriously!?" Tyler asked almost jumping up and down.

"Yes, I'll do my best. No promises though, okay?" she warned.

"Don't you have that get together you were telling me about a couple weeks ago? Isn't that tonight?" Josh asked.

"Oh no, I completely forgot" Tyler panicked.

"Hey, hey it's okay. Why don't we try and get Y/N backstage, and if we can't, you still have the event after the show. Are you still going?" Josh questioned.

"I...I don't know," Tyler stuttered.

"What get together?" Debby said, moving closer to you both.

"Noah, one of my friends-" he started before Josh and Debby both said they recognized his name.

"Yeah, he arranged for us and our other two gaming friends to surprise Y/N tonight at her house for the first meet up ever," he said.

"Oh my Gosh that's so cool!!!" Debby nearly screamed.

"Yeah...except...no one knows it's me," Tyler said nervously.

"Hey...don't worry man, from what you've told me about them..again...I don't think they'll care," Josh said patting his friend on the back.

"Why don't we all go out for dinner after the show?" Debby suggested sitting on the other side of Tyler wrapping her hand around his shoulders.

"I don't know, I feel that's moving way too fast," Tyler whispered quietly.

"Well, what if we held the get together instead at the hotel? That way we'd be there for some extra support, I could cook for everyone, and if need be Josh and I can go hide out in the back room and be quiet so they don't know we're there," Debby said.

"That sounds like an actually really good idea," Josh supported.

"I mean I suppose you're right...it is better than going in to unknown territory by yourself. That's enough to make anyone anxious, even without anxiety" Debby said calmly.

Tyler sighed and mumbled, "okay" to the two. Josh and Debby laughed and cheered for his courage.

"I'll message the guys and ask them about the change of plans" he said while reaching for his phone.

Noah, Alex, and Ben agreed to the turn of events and you sent them the address of the hotel with room number and the time to come over.

"So, find Y/N in the crowd, bring her backstage, have you meet, go to the hotel, and have a casual party amongst online best friends? Sounds like a great time!" Josh said in the happiest tone Tyler heard from him all tour.

"I think one of them is more than a best friend," Debby teased with a small wink at Tyler.

He laughs lightly and rolls his eyes before blushing and responding, "maybe."

***