Chapter One: Starting Anew

It has been two hundred years since the death of Mileena. Shao Kahn was unsuccessful in the tournament, which ensured that he would not be permitted to take Earth Realm, or at least not for another five hundred years. The Elder Gods granted Earth Realm five hundred years of peace and each Earth Realm champion a longer life span. This gave them time to defend Earth Realm for many tournaments to come.

These long years have passed with Shang Tsung being under penalty for failing the emperor. He was sentenced by the emperor to be under constant torture and to be drained of his energy soul by soul until the next Mortal Kombat tournament; another three hundred years from now. However, the sorcerer has another plan up his sleeve.

IN KAHN'S FORTRESS

"No! Please, AH!" the sorcerer pleads for his tormentors to stop.

His arms and legs are bound by chains, keeping him mounted on a wall in the very bottom of the fortress, which was once an elegant Edenian palace. The torture room is not part of the original design of the captured palace, but was added on part of Shao Kahn's orders. It lies behind a door within the prison, secured by only one lock. Sounds of Shang Tsung's screams leak through the door to the other prisoner's ears.

The prisoners all turn their attention to Shao Kahn who advances to the torture chamber's door. Some back away from their cell bars as he passes, not wanting to share the same fate or worse than the sorcerer. Others glare at him, just preparing for the day when they can exact their revenge. Then of course, there are the prisoners who have completely gone insane and or lost all hope in living.

Shao Kahn pauses on his way to the torture chamber and turns to his right, locking eyes with one of the imprisoned. He comes closer to the bars of the cell as the shadows conceal the figure.

"Ready to accept that your realm is forever deceased Moroi?" he states and the shadowy figure reveals itself.

A woman in a red leotard with an armored leather two piece underneath and leather straps at her waist comes forth. Two cutouts embrace her leotard in the back and wings grace her upper back through the cutouts. Yet they are not spread to their fullest length, being imprisoned for so long has rendered them useless to her. Her red and bronze outlined knee high heels give her an exquisite look, along with her hair pinned into a bun with bronze chops and double sided bangs. A red scarf like accessory acts as a blindfold, yet only covers her left eye, giving her a more mysterious appearance.

She dashes to the bars of the cell with a hiss, her face mere inches away from the emperor's as her hands clasp onto the bars.

"Mark my words Shao Kahn, I shall take my vengeance against you, starting with taking your head for myself and then taking back my realm," she threatens, her large fangs displaying under her round, full, and red lips.

He lets out a large booming laugh, then charges his hand between the cell's bars, grabbing her by her neck fiercely as he lifts her off of her feet and cuts off the source of her breathing.

"A pity you choose not to serve me Nitara, your strength could have proved to be a great addition to my forces," he smirks as he tightens his grip on her neck as she gasps and fights for air.

He drops her and she lands harshly on the stone prison floor, bringing a caressing hand to her throat as she takes in air freely. Without a common or relying source of blood she is weak and cannot defend herself during kombat. She tends to herself as the emperor moves forward and comes to the torture chamber's door, opening it with a green energy surge from his hand.

"AH!" Shang Tsung shouts as his neck is impaled with a throwing knife by one of his tormentors.

The blood flows down to his torso, staining the blade as well. A spirit escapes him, evaporating into the air. Ordinarily the sorcerer could have escaped this fate on his own. However, he has been drained into his weakened and old state by the emperor himself.