Competition

*Raine

~October 1987~
~2 days before the competition~

Aubrey and Rue arrived yesterday and Aubrey is happy when she was with me. Rehearsals is so hectic right now when the competition is near the corner.

~Competition day~ 

I am at my sit and my make-up artist and hairstylist are doing my whole appearance. 

"Alright ladies, let's go!!" The producer said and we all went to our place. 

"Well, good luck.." Miss South Africa said in her bitchy tone. Since, I worked with her she kept bitching me on! 

"Good luck to you too.." I said in my normal voice. As I was lining up, Jessie went to me and she is very excited. 

"Just pray and calm down. Everybody is there to support you, not only both family but there are a lot of fans waiting to see you."

"Let's welcome the contestants from The Americas." All of us went to form a line and people are starting cheering. I saw both Jackson and Willis on the right side of the stage, cheering when they saw me. Steve Harvey came and introduced the 5 representatives of The Americas.

"This 32 women of Americas are all worked hard to make it to tonight's competition and right now, just 5 of them will be earning a shot at the Miss Universe title. Let's get to it." Just then, nervousness starts kicking in me..

"First from the Americas to step in the Top 20 is--Venezuela!" Me and Venezuela became friends throughout the competition. She grabbed my hand and she started to walk. I clapped my hands to her and she went to Steve. After Steve asked her a question, he then proceeded to call another contestant.

"Next to be in the Top 20 is--USA!!" I got shocked and our other friend, Canada hugged me and I walked towards Steve. I saw Michael and all our family and they cheered loudly and they are raising the America's flags with a banner of my face. Michael did cheered loudly with Aubrey. 

"How are you USA?" Steve asked me.

"I'm surprised but I'm more happy."

"USA is definitely happy when you saw her families cheering for her." Steve pointed to my family. I just wave at them.

"So, being a model is a little different here in Miss Universe, but can you tell me what is the difference between modeling and being a Miss Universe contestant?" 

"Being a model means walking down with the new fashion trend that your designer made, but here in Miss Universe, you are not just walking down with the new clothes but walking down with a lovely and warm support of your countrymen and family, wanting to earn the crown."

"That's absolutely true! Thank you USA!" I walked towards the other contestants. 

~After Top 20~

It's now going to speak. 

"Please tell us what the world needs to know from you." Steve said. Until it's my turn to speak.

"USA, it's your time to shine.." I walk through the mic and started to speak.

"I grow up in the place where Abortion is the highest risked of killing an innocence that God gave. Starting an advocacy about making the Abortion policy be banned and let women realized that killing an innocent child is a sin that we can't accept. And we'll let them realize that your child, that will soon proceed in an Abortion process, might changed the world for a better tomorrow. Thank you." I walked back and heard Michael cheering loudly again. I went back to my place. Until the commercial appeared.