V3E17 - XLI - Calm Before The Storm

The work on the Aura-shot weapon advances, the girls make more headway with their training. Meanwhile, at Misc Mask's gym, the Maskettes are resting up for the next fight.

Elsewhere at S.E.R.D., Guard 7 proceeds to track Plan B's progress. Diana questions Number 7 about Plan B's AP, "So, any more changes with Aura Powers?" Number 7 answers swiftly, "It seems they have gotten slightly stronger if they were to progress, they would be around twice as powerful as Misc Mask. They could reach up to Category 3." Diana looks shocked, "Well they are quite skilled aren't they, how long you think it'll take for them to reach full potential?" Number 7 confesses, he doesn't know. He asks if it's okay to lobby a few of the tech-scientist and report back. Diana answers, "Proceed Number 7, you may take some time." He thanks her and leaves.

Back at F.O.E. the Aura Shot is being crafted and is nearly finished, they need a little help to finalize it. Dr. K and Jenna goes and gets Kristine. "Kristine, we need some assistance. Come upstairs with us, and we'll show you." Kristine follows them, and they show her the Aura Shot. Jenna smiles, "All it needs is its ammo, that's where you come in. We just need a sample, just enough help up synthesize our own." Kristine adds some of her Aura to the Aura collector. "Thank you, that should be enough, we plan to stabilize it and re-create it. The idea is to make a unique Aura ammo." Dr. K explains to Kristine. After that Kristine goes back downstairs to complete her training.

They persevere with the Aura Ammo reconstruction and research. They make astonishingly rapid progress. "Kristine's Aura seems to have a plasma-like base. Knowing this, they have a good idea of how to synthesize and reconstruct it from scratch. They measure the destructive power of Kristine's Aura, they also try to calculate the power needed for synthetic Ammo.

Back at S.E.R.D. headquarters Number 7 returns to Diana, she seems eager to learn the time frame. Number 7 enlightens her on the research findings. "They found that the highest probable time would be 30 days, however, they think it might be slightly longer." Diana isn't pleased with the answers but excepts them. "Plan B will launch as soon as they are up to speed if Misc Mask fails, it's on him. The surprise attack will just have to be canceled, but I think Plan B will still catch them off guard..." Diana laughs loudly.

Over at the FOE, Dr. K is making significant progress on the Aura Shot. They have already cracked most of the aura, and understand nearly half of it. The aura they can create should be about 25% as strong as Kristine's. Its current calculation of power only ranges half of a percent, up to one and a half percent. The aura contains small amounts of DNA, is a mixture of several sources. Kristine is one of at least ten.

Dr. K is profoundly confused about this development and questions why it has so many sources. Jenna question, maybe one of the sources is Diana herself. Dr. K agrees with her, however, he is far more concerned with the multiple others.

They gather all the other FOE and begin to test them, they take some samples of their auras. The others can't control their auras at all, but can have samples taken during aura overdrive. Once they collected all the samples, they began to test DNA of each. They found a few signs of similar DNA traits. They begin to believe that they might be ancestors of theirs.

A while later, at Misc Mask's gym, they slowly prepare for the oncoming battle. Only half a day remains until the day they have been waiting for. They continue to relax, even with so little time left. Misc Mask requests Molly accompany him to his privet quarters, she excitedly agrees and follows him. The other Maskettes looked jealously as they went into his room.

Janet shakes her head and looks at the others. Summer smirks, "At least someone is getting his attention, right?." Rita looks at Lily, "I still sayin' why he like plain jane Molly so much, and not my fine self." Grace looks at her, with a sad look. Maybe he's not into us, or thinks we aren't worthy or something..." Rita looks angry but shrugs it off.

Back at S.E.R.D. Diana is keeping an eye on Plan B, "They are something aren't they 7?" Diana questions Guard 7. Guard 7 agrees, "Its too bad us guards can't do that, you'd have a true army..." Diana smiles at guard 7 and nods in agreement with his statement.

"Maybe after we terminate my failures, I can build a new army... One where even low ranking guard, have special abilities. Look at Plan B's leader, formerly just a normal man. Now he is strong enough to take out his Musc Mask, and his maskettes as well." Guard 7 stares at Plan B and their leader, "Yes, it is quite amazing... Who other than you would have thought of such a thing."

Elsewhere at Misc Mask's gym, in his personal chamber, Molly and Misc Mask lie in bed and talk. "So what do you want to do after we kill off the FOE, any plans yet?" Misc Mask laughs, "Yeah, I think we cut the other Maskettes free. You and I will go into hiding, nobody will tell us what to do anymore..." Molly giggled, "Sounds romantic, I look forward to it babe."

In the main room, the other Maskettes are loafing around, as usual, Grace, however, is quite nervous. Grace begins to plan an escape. She thinks that once they defeat the FOE, they all go back to Misty Days. She plans to bolt once the FOE is down to one, and she reassures herself. She looks around at the others, she thinks they are sick people, unlike her.

Grace walks outside for fresh air. She thinks to her self, "I can't wait to be free, no more lockups or Misc Mask, or FOE. It'll be great." She laughs softly to herself. After a few minutes, she walks back in.

Janet explains it's only a few hours left until the fight and peps them up. "Whos ready!?" Summer, Rita, and Lily cheer, as Grace walks in. Molly walks back out into the main room. "That's right, get pumped up, we are going to knock them FOE down to nothing!" They again cheer, except Grace.

Late in the night, Dr. K is hard at work in his office, he and Jenna are very close to understanding the Aura. Karen has been taking training breaks to assist them. With Karen's help, they made multiple times the progress they would have otherwise. Karen advises Dr. K to build the main components of the weapon, that way all they need to do is add the extra part just to synchronize the aura to reproduce and fire it.

Over in the gym, the girls finish up their training. Kate looks at the time, "It's not too long till daylight, maybe we should all take a few hours rest. We have about 6 hours, we can sleep 5 and have an hour to prepare." Kristine agrees, and all of the FOE head to bed.

Hours pass and the sun rises, Dr. K finally finished the Aura-Shot. He looks at the time, "7:30 already, wow that took a while." Dr. K sits down and puts his head down for a short rest. Only an hour and a half remaining, everyone sleeps till 8 am, and begin to meet in the main room. After a few minutes, all the FOE are in the main room, Karen contacts and wakes up Dr. K via telepathy. She then does the same for Jenna.

Dr. K and Jenna run downstairs, just as they get to the main room the phone begins to ring. They promptly answer it, "We meet at JWB park, 9 am..." then the line went dead. "Okay, JWB Park is the location, let's go! " They all head out to the park. Karen Kiki Kelly and Kimmi all ride with Dr. K, while Kammi runs, Kristine flies, and Kate rides her ice-cycle.

Kristine flies low and flies alongside Kate, "I must say, I really love that Ice Motorcycle you got there." Kate laughs and thanks her, "Made it myself." Kristine smirks. "We are gonna defeat them once and for all this time, don't doubt that for a second." Kristine agrees.

The girls and Dr. K head for the park, they all feel confident with their current power. As they travel Dr. K worries that his new Aura-Shot, will it work correctly, and will it be strong enough to make any difference.

Misc Mask and his Maskettes arrive at the park first, they all scare off all the families, and patiently wait for the FOE.

Closing statements:

"This is going to be a long, and hard battle. I hope we have trained enough, maybe the maskettes haven't, that would even it out. By the time we get there, it'll be time, I feel ready for this, I just hope there aren't any surprises."

-Kristine