0.12

"I have some really bad news involving this Kenny assignment." Owen said taking a seat in his leather chair at the head of the table.

Toni let out a breathe running her hand down her face.

"What did you do?" Gail mumbled to Toni.

She shrugged in confusion. Did they know about her and Kenny? Was she gonna go to jail because she's been his accomplice? What was going on? She was boiling inside.

"As you all know, the head of the police department gave us this assignment and at that moment it was all still legal-"

"So it's not  legal anymore?" Carla asked looking around at everyone.

"No." Owen sadly shook his head. "What?" Everyone gasped and began to talk amongst one another.

"How come?" Toni asked creating silence. "The moment I gave you permission to sleep with Kenny was the moment the assignment became illegal-"

"See! I knew it! You were both forward!" Omar shouted in frustration throwing his hands up.

Toni glared at him sucking her teeth in annoyance.

"Toni I'm afraid you're gonna have to bring things between you and mr Babyface to an end." Michael said with a shrug.

"I can't do that..." Toni sadly trailed off.

"And why not?" Omar scolded. "I can't okay!" She shouted causing everyone to stare at her in shock.

"I agree with Toni, she can't. We can't just stop this operation right now." Gail said, "we're too close. If she backs out now he'll know for sure something is up and he could possibly kill her." Gail said siding with Toni.

"Dad, think about this." Omar sternly said, "don't make a bad decision-"

"The assignment will continue." Owen said causing Omar to shoot up and walk out.

"Omar just needs sometime to digest the news." Lydia added as Toni nodded at her words.

Owen nodded, "Kenny's shipment comes in 2 days time. Toni, we're gonna need you to drill him with some questions. We need answers okay." Owen spoke.

"Got it." Toni nodded.

"I can't wait to have him behind bars." Carla spoke through gritted teeth.

Toni looked at her with worry. She didn't want Kenny to go to jail, at all!
_________________________

"What is this place?" Toni asked Kenny as he helped her out his all black Lamborghini Urus.

"Warehouse." He nonchalantly said taking her hand leading her towards the backdoor.

"You don't say." She sarcastically replied.

Kenny pushed the door open and the two were immediately greeted with four men holding huge rifles in their hands.

"Ken. What are we doing here?" Toni questioned with worry. "Where did he take you Toni?" Omar drilled.

"He's this way boss." Trey said escorting them into the basement.

"We'll be right down." Kenny said to Trey who nodded before leaving them. "Listen Toni. I trust you with my life right now and you need to promise me that you're gonna stand by me no matter what happens down there." Kenny said.

She raised her eyebrows as her eyes widened at his choice of words.

"Why are you saying this?"

"Because this nigga, decided to betray me and talk to the cops. Now he's gonna pay for ratting me out." Kenny simply said.

He took her hand and led her down the stairs into the basement. Toni tightened her grip around Kenny's hand as there sat a man in a chair with a black bag over his head.

"Take it off." Kenny demanded.

"Your lady friend-"

"Toni's cool." Kenny said, "now take it off goddammit!" He yelled.

Trey and another guy pulled the bag off revealing how badly injured the man was. Toni's eyes widened once the man looked up.

"Denny." Kenny shook his head walking up to Denny, "you spoke to the cops." Kenny said kneeling down in front of him.

"Why?" He asked before he sent a punch his way, "Ken." Toni gasped. "I can't be here." She said immediately grabbing Denny's attention.

"That voice sounds familiar." Denny said as Toni dropped her head. "Can I leave?" She asked before she could get a reply she ran up the stairs.

"Who was that?" Denny questioned while coughing up some blood. "None of your business you sell out!" Kenny shouted before punching him left and right repeatedly.

Toni rushed out the warehouse inhailing the scent of the outside breeze. She took deep breathes as she tried to calm herself down.

"What's wrong Toni?" Omar and Owen asked in unison. "Denny. The guy we got the information on Kenny from. He's in there. He almost blew my cover-"

"Your cover?" Kenny asked causing her to turn around and face a confused Kenny.

"Oh shit!" Owen and Gail spoke in unison.

comments?