After Ending [written two years later]

{Read author's note for clarification}

Nico

It felt as if I could finally breathe. The years weighing down my back and causing permanent spine damage disappeared the second I had let go.

I opened my eyes, alarmed by the tranquility my body had just undergone. The last I remembered, I had been in the hospital connected to tubes. My vision had been blurry, I couldn't see my two daughters or my grandchildren.

"Papa, don't leave us," one of my grandchildren had begged. I couldn't see which one had spoken though, everything was just so blurry... The machines were working overdrive to keep me alive as long as possible, I could feel it. However, I knew its efforts would render themselves useless in a bit. I was the child of Hades, after all. I knew death.

My eldest daughter- I could tell because of the sound of her voice- whispered to one of her children, "Papa has to go." My old ears could detect the sadness in it, and it broke my heart. One thing I did remember was how brave she always was, how she was always trying to hide her emotions for the sake of her children and younger sister.

Speaking of, I could feel my other daughter gripping my hand tightly. She seemed to be trying to squeeze the life back into me, and it made me truly wish for the strength to stay.

Zoey's sobs were quiet, yet my old ears picked up on them. "It's not fair, you didn't even get to meet him," she kept whispering and sobbing.

No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't seem to remember what my poor daughter was referring to. Annabella seemed to notice my confusion and explained, "She's pregnant, dad. Don't you remember? You were so excited when you found out, you pulled your back."

I wish I did, but I couldn't. I racked my brain for any pregnancy news, but all I could remember was one. "Annabeth is pregnant," I whispered.

"Yes, dad. Auntie Annabeth was pregnant. That was decades ago. Don't you remember anything recent?"

I blinked up at the ceiling. Maybe if I kept focusing on the ceiling, it would eventually clear up. I heard Annabella sigh and felt the touch of soft lips against my forehead. "We love you, daddy. Say hi to dad for us, okay?"

"I-I love you too," I whispered. I smiled softly against the warm embrace and managed to squeeze my other daughter's hand back before I closed my eyes. 

Oh, my gods, I was dead. Glancing down at my hands, I noticed they weren't wrinkly and old. In fact, my eyesight seemed to have cleared up, and my memory was working perfectly. I felt as healthy as I was when I was 30.

Holy Hades, I probably was 30.

"Nico!" The sudden voice had stopped my mini panic attack, for it caused all of my emotions to clump up in my throat. I hadn't heard that voice in so long... Turning around, I found the gates of Elysium shining and opened with my late husband waiting at the top. I blinked my tears away quickly, for the image of my husband awaiting me with open arms was something I wanted to keep with me forever.

Will who had passed away six years ago was here. Will who didn't look a day over 32 despite dying at 79.

Running towards him, he embraced me in a hug and buried his face in my hair. That was always his favorite spot.

"It's been so difficult, Will," I whispered into his chest. Home, I was finally home.

He whispered calmly in my ear, "It's over now." Taking my hand in his, we walked into Elysium and never looked back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Hello, loves! I bet you thought you'd never see an update on this book again. Honestly, neither did I. I've been keeping a close eye on this book for a long time, and I'm just really proud of how far along its come. Sometimes, I try to read this book and go on the same journey all you readers do, but my old style of writing makes me gag. You guys seem to enjoy it though, so I'm glad.

Before I clarify that little chapter as promised, a little shameless self-promo. I've gotten back into the greek mythology area, and I've come up with a new book regarding the infamous story of Hades and Persephone. It would mean the world if you checked it out. The link to it is where the external links usually go, wherever that may be,

Okay, now to what you're here for. Years after the ending of the Nico and Will's happy ending- and I mean years after- is when this takes place. Will had died from old age, and even though he never got to celebrate his 80th birthday :(, his death was painless and quick. He made it into Elysium and continued to watch over his family. Both Annabella and Zoey are married. The eldest has two children, but Zoey won't get pregnant for another six years following Will's death. As Nico goes on, his memory starts to fade and he grows even weaker. He makes it to the ripe age of 83. In reality, he was like 200. Now dead, he's reunited with his soulmate. His children are sad but will go on to do great in the world. Whether the rest of the gang is up on Earth or in Elysium is up to you to decide. 

This is my farewell to you and this book. Watching it grow has brought me so much joy, and I love every single one of you. From the bottom of my heart, thank you.

-Alexa