Percabeth Moment// Chapter 18

Annabeth

"Percy, hurry up, I'm going to be late!" I stomped my foot impatiently as I stared at my husband.

He sighed loudly as he ran down the stairs. "You're nine months pregnant, don't you think it's time to take a break from work? Your water could break any minute, which is why I'm driving you to work, just in case."

I rolled my eyes at him as my hands rested on my oversized stomach. I was already in a bitter mood and I didn't need him telling me what to do. "One more day wouldn't hurt me, Seaweed Brain," I grumbled under my breath.

"Piper's six months and she's already taken a break from work. Besides, I'm just worried about you. You've been really stressed lately. I just want to help." He gently rubbed my shoulders.

I tensed for a second before relaxing and letting him continue. He always knows how to make me feel better. "Thanks, I needed that." He suddenly kneeled down in front of my and rubbed my tummy slowly. "How's our little boy?" He cooed. "Great. Still using my bladder as a squeeze toy, but great."

I was about to tell my husband to get a move on, when I felt something. "He's kicking," he whispered as he gently rubbed my tummy. "Annabeth, he's kicking!"

"Yes, Seaweed Brain, I know. He's inside me, for gods sake." I laugh a little at Percy. Our little boy has been kicking since 6 months, but he never gets enough of it.

"Percy, come on. I'm gonna be late!" I complained. He sighed loudly and kissed my oversized stomach again. "Annabeth, it's time for you to take a break. I'm sure the building designs can get finished without you. And if they can't, they'll just hold it off until you're ready."

I didn't want to admit it, but I knew he was right. My own boss had been telling me to take a break since last month, but what can I say I'm persistent. I sighed loudly. "Oh alright," I grumble quietly.

"Maybe I can invite Piper over to spend the day with me." Percy scoffed. "Two hormonal pregnant women whose water could break any minute? I don't think so. You're a challenge all on your own, I don't need double."

I punched his arm. "Ow! I was kidding," he grumbled quietly. I laughed and buried my face in his neck. He wrapped his arms around me. "Besides, Will and Nico's wedding is in a week and we still have to find you a bridesmaids dress that will... Uh... You know..."

"Fit me?" I glared at him.

He knew to be careful when it came to my giant belly. One of the first things Sally told him when she found out was, 'Be careful when talking about her weight. She'll be hormonal and sensitive to that topic. Don't work her up, okay?'

I sigh and wrap my arms around him. "It's okay. I love you, Seaweed Brain."

"I love you too, Wise Girl."

He nuzzled his nose against mine. "We're going to have a baby." I grinned and nodded. "Yeah, we are."

We quietly held onto each other for a while before he asked, "Nerf gun fight?" I grinned.

"Bring it."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Chapters won't be posted in a while because I'm grounded. Sorry :/

-Alexa