Dysfunctional Relationship// Chapter 11

Nico

I bit my lip as I paced around my cabin. When I saw Will at Camp Jupiter, I had immediately Iris-messaged Chiron and they sent a team of demigods to come bring Will back to safety. Not that we didn't trust the demigods here at Camp Jupiter, but we had just recently won a war and we didn't want to already be a burden to them. I had followed along because I was scared of what could happen while I was gone.

It's been a week. A whole week and no dam sign that Will was going to live. He was currently in a coma. Not much to add to it other than that.

He didn't look any better than when I had first found him. According to the doctors who were treating him, also known as Will's sibling, Will had gotten in a serious car crash. The pieces of glass that has been piercing his skin were now gone along with the tree branches he had.

But that didn't mean he was better.

He was still a sickly pale and he still had scratches all over. He needed an oxygen mask to breathe. His right arm was facing the way it wasn't supposed to, same with his left leg. Basically, he was a mess. Every night before I went to bed, I prayed to the gods that Will would be okay. I just want my sunshine back...

"Nico? Nico?"

I look up and notice Jason raising an eyebrow at me. "Huh?" I asked. "You've been picking at your McDonalds for a few minutes now. You have to eat." I sighed and gently set my fried down. "I can't eat, I'm worried."

"I know you are, but that doesn't excuse you from eating."

"What if it was Piper who was stuck in a coma?"

He hesitated and I knew I had hit the nail right on the head. He stayed silent as he chewed his burger. We were currently at dinner and Jason had gotten permission to sit with me because I apparently "looked like I needed company".

"I'm sure Will is fine."

"You don't know that."

"Neither do you, now shut up and eat your food."

I sighed in defeat and took a bite out of my fries.

***

As I fell asleep that night, I immediately heard a high pitched squeal. I slowly turned around and raised an eyebrow as I found a gorgeous girl with long, curly blonde hair sitting on a hot pink chair. She had a sparkly pink dress. She looked into the mirror as she applied her already perfect makeup to her already perfect face. I didn't have to think twice about who it was.

"Aphrodite?"

She turned around and gave me a small with her white, pearly, perfect teeth. "Nico. Glad you're here." I looked around and tried to scrunch my nose in disgust as I took in all the hot pink. There wasn't a single spec of any other color than pink. And the place reeked of perfume. There were about a million different mirrors, shoes, outfits, and other accessories a regular teenage girl would just "die for".

Apparently Aphrodite noticed my disgust toward the color because she sighed and rolled her perfect, sparkling eyes that seemed to change color every second. I guess I know now where Piper gets it from. "Ah yes, you children of Hades, especially the boys, have no appreciation for the wonderful color that represents beauty and love very well."

"Right," I said awkwardly and shifted my feet uncomfortably. "Why am I here in the first place?" She raised a perfect eyebrow at me. "Why else? To talk about your so far damaged love life!" She squealed again.

"My love life is not damaged!" I protested.

"Oh hun, denial does not look good on you. But this scarf does!" She wrapped a black scarf around me and flashed me her pearly white smile again that was going to blind me sooner or later.

I sighed in defeat and sat down in one of the hot pink chairs.

"I have found an interest in your love life."

"Um, is that good...?" I asked hesitantly.

"That means your love life is such a disaster I took notice of it," the goddess of love said while gushing.

"Oh," is all I managed to mumbled out. I hadn't expected that. "Well, it's not so bad," I began, but she cut me off. "Sweetie, are you kidding me? Will broke up with you when he found out you cut, which trust me is a major turn off, and then he drives all the way from Manhattan to California just to find you and apologize and on the way, he ends up in a car crash! Talk about romantic, right?!" She fanned herself and I watched, raising an eyebrow.

"Okay, so it's a bit dysfunctional right now..." I mumble quietly. The goddess rolls her color changing eyes again. "You're here because I'm telling you to be careful. There will be many obstacles in your path. You two have to stick together no matter what. Do you understand me?" I slowly nodded. She smiled at me before looking at herself through one of the mirrors that were hanging all over the room. "Good. Don't forget it, Nico."

I woke up drenched in a pool of sweat. I groaned tiredly. Why does the sun have to shine so dam bright everyday? I rolled onto my side and tried to go back to sleep, but Aphrodite's words kept replaying themselves in my head.

"Don't forget it, Nico."

~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Hey guys, Merry Christmas Eve/Christmas/whatever you celebrate depending on when you read this! I know this chapter is short and not very well written, but I just wanted to get something written because I know I won't get to on Christmas. So comment and tell me what you guys think. Happy holidays! ^_^

Love,

Alexa