Jason Grace Is A Full-time Fangirl// Chapter 24

Nico

You know when you're in a relationship and you learn something new about your partner in an amusing and entertaining way? Yeah, that's how I felt right now.

I watch as Will rummages through the fridge in the break room, stuffing his face with anything he could get his hands on and had at least 20 grams of sugar. Why? I don't know, I'm not a stress eater.

"Will, are you sure you don't want to talk about this?" I ask him softly. I wasn't planning on pressuring him, I speak from experience when I say it's not going to help someone through their time of grief. It's all about taking baby steps at a slow and comfortable pace.

He shakes his head, the meat hanging out of his mouth bobs along with him. I suppress a small chuckle that bubbles up inside of me. I can't help it. It's not every day I find Mr. Perfect stuffing his face. While I am worried he's going to make himself sick, I'm sure he'll know when it's necessary to stop, he is a doctor after all. I'm sure he can take care of himself.

My eyes widen as he inhales chip after chip, chunks of cake mixed with ice cream, cookies, and other things. It's around his third round of chicken wings that I come to the conclusion that this boy is not planning on stopping anytime soon. "Will!" He slowly looks up at me, chicken wing in his mouth, as if he suddenly remembered I'm still in the room.

"You're going to make yourself sick. I think it's safer that we just talk about this rather than binge eating. Don't you agree?"

He scoffs and quietly grumbles under his breath, "When did you become the doctor all of a sudden?"

I sigh loudly and gently place my hand on his. Will has always been there for me, it's time I do the same for him. "Will, come on. I know this is bothering you way more than you want to let on. It's okay, I'm not going to judge you."

He slumped down a little in his sleep and sighed quietly. "That seemed like forever ago... I don't know why it's coming back all of a sudden."

"Keeping things inside is not going to help, Will. It's only going to make it worse, and you know that."

"I do... I do know that..."

"Hey, Will?"

"Yes?

"Do you think you might have PTSD?"

He was silent for a while before he quietly mumbled with his head hung low, "I don't know, maybe..."

I scoot my chair over and rest my head on his shoulder. He tenses for a moment before he wraps his arms around me and pulls me into his lap. I smile a little and bury my face in the crook of his neck. As my finger traces his collarbone, a shiver goes down his spine and I smile a little, knowing I'm not the only one who gets affected by the other's presence.

When he's around, I know everything will turn out okay.

Don't ask me how, but I knew Will was still tense about what he had told me just recently. It must've been hard for him. How had I not noticed that something was bothering him? Gods, I feel like an idiot. But now is not the time to chide myself. It's about calming my fiancé down, and making him feel safe.

Sitting up in his lap, I lean toward his ear and whisper, "You are my sunshine, my only sunshine."

Without looking up, I could feel Will's lips curling into a smile. He sang along, "You make me happy when skies are gray."

He held my hand and we intertwined our fingers, grinning at each other. "You'll never know, dear, how much I love you."

I didn't realize we were leaning in until I could feel his breath fanning my face. I traced his features with my thumb and I could tell we both knew what we wanted.

"Please don't take my sunshine away," he whispered. We closed the little bit of space left between us with a kiss. It was passionate and sweet and rough, yet soft all at the same time. But most of all, it was enjoyable. It felt like we had been underwater for a long time and now we were finally getting to breathe.

I didn't care that we were in the break room and one of the nurses or doctors could come in and find this. Right now, all that mattered was Will's sweet lips on mine.

"Oh gods, Nico," he panted against my lips. We pulled apart for a moment to catch our breaths before we dove back in for more. I ran my hands through his curls as he wraps his around my waist.

The door suddenly opens, light pouring into the room, destroying our personal moment. Jason stood at the doorway. "As much as I'm enjoying the Solangelo moment, I asked you two to get Piper something to eat, not make love to each other." If there's one thing about him, it's that Jason Grace is a full-time fangirl when it comes to us. But it's okay, because I enjoy it sometimes; it's very amusing to watch.

My face heats up at his words and I could tell Jason's enjoying himself. He fixes his glasses for a moment before grinning. "You guys are such a cute couple! But I guess I have to find my wife a meal myself." He sighed dramatically, obviously from being friends with Percy for too long, and then shutting the door.

He suddenly poked his head back inside and nonchalantly said, "Oh yeah, a doctor wants to see you, Nico. He has the results of Hazel's surgery."

I jump from Will's lap and practically bolt through the door and down the hall. My heart feels like it's beating a mile per minute. This is it, I thought. The news I've been waiting for all day. I was finally going to receive it.

"Is she okay?!" I asked a bit too loudly. I didn't care though. I had been in the hospital all day waiting for the answer. What if I didn't like the result? Was I ready to lose yet another sister?

The doctor took a deep breath and I braced myself. "The surgery was a success. Both of them will be fine, though they will need a lot of bed rest and they're still weak. But other than that, they'll be okay. They're very lucky, you know. You can go visit them now, if you'd like."

I let out a breath I didn't even realize I was holding. I thanked the doctor after he told me what room they were in and then bolted for the elevator.

***

"You ready?" Will asks softly, a comforting hand on my back. I shook my head, but proceed to open the door anyway. There were two hospital beds. The one on the left had Frank who was sleeping. He had bruises and was mostly covered in bandages. He was pale, but other than that, he was fine. I look over at the bed on the far right and examined my sister. Her hair still had a bit of red color splashed to it. Unlike Frank, she had a heart monitor attached to her, which meant she was doing worse. She stared up at the ceiling before weakly turning her head to see me. She stretched out her hand and I held it, giving it a small squeeze.

"Hey," she said softly.

"You're okay," I whispered back.

She nodded. "Yeah, I am."

I thought about my next words before I mumbled, "I thought I lost you."

"You could never get rid of me that easily."

I smile a little and quietly sighed. "You're never allowed in a car ever again."

She playfully stuck her tongue out. "It's not my fault, some stupid guy was speeding." She sighed loudly. I tilted my head. "What's the damage?" From the back of the room, Will spoke up. "Fractured ribs, broken foot, and her heart's still slower than what could he considered normal." He shrugged.

"Thanks, Doctor," I said sarcastically. He quietly said, "Just doing my job." I look back to Hazel. "You'll be okay?" She nodded. "You have nothing to worry about. Except that your wedding is in officially 48 hours."

My eyes widen at the reminder. "Shit!"

"Nico, language!" Hazel chided.

"Sorry."

I turn to Will. "We're getting married in 48 hours."

He smirked a little. "Better believe it, sunshine."

~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: I finally managed to type this. Sorry, I lost my creativeness and my ability to write a well written story. Anyway, two more chapters before this story ends. I'm so excited, I can't wait.

-Alexa