29

Chapter 29| Today, We Fight

There was an instant uproar within the meeting room as soon as the words left Alpha Damian's mouth. The Alpha and Luna of the pack stood up and began to panic while I sat there with my mouth hanging up just a little bit in shock. The Texas Gulf Basin was down south, and it was almost next to Alpha Ceasar's pack lands. This was an easy win for them.

'If you believe you can play this game better than me, think again!'

The words ran through my mind over and over. 

'This isn't your fault,' Siras says quietly, and I look over at him, still shellshocked, 'Starshine, don't blame yourself. He attacked at random.' He could see the look in my eyes. 

'I challenged him, and he responded, Siras.' I tell him, 'Now I have to respond back.' As I begin to stand up, Siras growls out loud and Rese's head snaps over to him. Rese grabs my hand, giving me a confused look. 

"Lina, what are you doing?" He asks, and I pulled away from him, making my way through the chaos in the room towards the doors. Siras met me halfway, his hand wrapping around my upper arm and there were several growls that echoed in the room. 

'I know you're mad, Starshine, but this is not the way to respond.' He says and I pull away from him, looking at all the Alphas and Lunas who were now staring at me curiously, wondering what I was about to do. 

'He's trying to show me something, Siras.' I tell him, the Moon Flames dancing on my fingertips as I looked up at him. 

'No,' He says shaking his head, 'He's trying to bait you, Calina. Don't fall into his trap.' My common sense pushed at me, knowing that Siras was right, but my heart pushed right back. 

Caesar had hurt and destroyed a pack, and I wanted revenge. Now.  

"Everyone, please sit down. I know this is sudden and abrupt, but please calm down!" Alpha Damian said, trying to calm the chaos in the room, "We have to act calmly. We don't know what his plans are, and we have no idea when he will strike again. I understand that this hits home for all of us, but we have to stay focused. He wants us to become disorganized, and we cannot allow him to win because we couldn't work together to fight properly." His words had truth in them, and I looked over at Siras, torn between fighting and waiting. 

'Don't let him win.' Siras tells me, and after a moment of hesitation, I go to sit back down in my spot while the other Alphas and Lunas begin to calm down, but they were all worried now. As I sat down, Alpha Damian started to talk again. 

"I know that all of us wish to protect our own," Alpha Damian starts out, "and that is why we have decided to move forward and chose the location where we will fight back Alpha Ceasar and his army. This news has set us back a little bit, but we must move forward." Alphas around murmured in agreement and I looked over at the Witches in Warlocks who hadn't said anything since they got in here. They were simply staring around and listening to Alpha Damian. 

"Who is this 'we' you speak of, Alpha?" One of the Warlocks asks, and the room goes dead silent. I look him over, seeing that he had red hair and brown eyes. 

None of the Witches or Warlocks were the same, but I could tell right away that this was the leader of the group. The aura he gave seemed very dominant to his friends. 

"I am sorry," Alpha Damian says, bowing his head a little bit and I raise an eyebrow, "We did not know of your exact arrival, so we have already planned many things out." The Warlock nods in understanding, drumming his sharp fingernails against the wood of his chair. He irked me because he had to almost exact same calmness to him as Siras did. He was too calm.